Roystoys
Zen Master III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
======================================== it is now the 5/6/21; and the zenfone 7 is still on the 5/3/21/ security patch. Am I the only one who is a bit annoyed that Asus have not passed on our security patches since March. Especially as the zenfone 7 is the top tier phone for Asus,
Not good enough . It's bad enough being attacked by the Asus , yes people,( you know who you are) for even asking about security patches , but just being ignored by the MOD'S when asking is just to much.
You either know when we can expect some attention or you don't but either way let the masses know.
For every one person who may attack me for being so forward as to even ask, there are a hundred that want an answer,now !
Better still,an update now, oh no, now I've done it , I said a dirty word Upd &$+ now! Sorry?
PS show your support give it a,me too ,or thumbs up,

17 REPLIES 17

topolov
Rising Star II
Actually, I do not have software or hardware problems. I don't like that fact that Asus deleted some features like one hand mode and keep ignoring that fact.
Guys, please go to settings - security and see security patch highlited with red.

I also can check Oppo and few Galaxies from my relatives. Even old Galaxy A7 2018 have March patches don't highlight that.
So with Asus it looks soooooo stupid, you developer guys have implemented that Android feature which indicates the outdated security system - and you don't update security. Basically, it's your level of professionalism.
(Advice - if you can't implement latest patches, don't highlight that)

CVonC
Rising Star II
Yeah they really are quite slow, even more so now that the Zenfone 8 has been released. I fear they will disregard the 7 even more than they already have been. And they ignore a lot of proper suggestions. Such a shame when the damn phone is not even a year old!

Roystoys
Zen Master III
CVonC

Yeah they really are quite slow, even more so now that the Zenfone 8 has been released. I fear they will disregard the 7 even more than they already have been. And they ignore a lot of proper suggestions. Such a shame when the damn phone is not even a year old!

View post
Well let's not let them forget us , keep nagging at them through this forum and we may get somewhere.
I know that if we don't because we are afraid of being accused of,, spamming,,we will get nothing!!!

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Well thank god for small mercies, I finally got an update but only the 5/4/21 security patch ( and some A11 tweeking). I am hopeful that the patches for may & June will follow but not holding my breath, but thanks for the update much appreciated👍

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
New firmware with latest security patch is released please update👇
Admin

【Version】

【Model Name】

ZenFone 7 Pro (ZS671KS)

ZenFone 7 (ZS670KS) 

【Release Date】

2021/06/07

Since the server pushes update notice to different serial numbers by batches, it may take some days for you to receive the FOTA notice. Thanks for your patience. You may tap “System updates” in [Settings] >[System] to check if there is new firmware available. Or, you can also try to manually update firmware by referring to the following link.

How to update firmware on my phone?

【Release Note】

1. Improved system stability(20210405)
  2. Updated Android security patch
  3. Enabled VoLTE/VoWifi on MTS/Tele2 (RU)
  4. Fixed issue which could cause Gboard settings to periodically change back to default values
  5. Fixed Status bar display issue
  6. Fixed reboot issue when using wifi hotspot ocassionally
  7. Fixed the problem of not seeing thumbnails in computer after upgrading Android11
  8. Added SMS type QR code support in ASUS Camera app

[210602] ZenFone 7 Pro / 7 _WW_30.41.69.66
Thanks!