This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help pls. I'm not really tech savvy.

pervinjocson
Star II
Been having problems with this now. Please watch the attached recording. It happens most of the time when I use the side port when I'm charging. Tried different cables and chargers but it doesn't seem to go away. Even with the charger and cable that comes with it. On a good day this doesn't happen but most of the time it does. Even if I attach the fan attachment it still pops up. It still charges but it's really annoying.
10 REPLIES 10

ronald1985
Community Legend I
pervinjocson

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/WM3Z1XHA5UK1/2021-06-05-13-26-07.mp4

It's still happening. I while ago it wasn't. I was charging using the side port then unplugged it because I had to go outside. When I got back and plugged it back again it happened again. Then I switched to safe mode but it didn't stop. I just turned off my phone then charged it to full so I don't have to deal with it.

View post
If you are still facing the issue while in safe mode, then you should visit the service centre when you can.
While you can't see the issue when the phone is off, that random popup maybe indicating something is wrong with your phone from the inside. Safe mode would of indicated if it was a software issue.

pervinjocson
Star II
Crap I was hoping it was a software issue. At least I can do something about it. Question. If my phone is still under warranty, will I still have to pay for fixing it? Money is a bit tight since its the pandemic.

kyleashcraft86
Rising Star I
pervinjocson

Crap I was hoping it was a software issue. At least I can do something about it. Question. If my phone is still under warranty, will I still have to pay for fixing it? Money is a bit tight since its the pandemic.

View post
I would imagine since it's still under warranty you should be covered. Take a TON of pictures documenting absolutely everything before you send it out. No such thing as too many pictures. Red magic water damaged a device of mine at a service center and blamed me because my dark colored background didn't immediately show the damaged they caused. So make sure everything is clearly visible in the chance something happens at the service center you can prove it wasn't caused by you

pervinjocson
Star II
Thanks for the help guys. It seemed to have fixed itself somehow. It's not happening anymore for the past few days. Hope it stays that way though haha. Anyway, cheers to guys for being active! 😁👍

pervinjocson
Star II
Sorry to bug you guys again but I semm to notice that every time I use the side port to charge, my mobile data fluctuates a lot. Is that a common issue for ROG2? But when I'm using the bottom port it doesn't. Kind of annoying when playing online haha