krnapj
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:Rog -5
Firmware Version: everything updated to latest version
Rooted or not:no
Frequency of Occurrence:quite frequently
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
I bought rog 5 , after reading about its specs , but it does not give stable fps in pubg , from 60-30 sometimes 7 even 1 . What kind of gaming phone is this if it's fps drops below 30 even at 36 c temp. ?
I shifted from iphone xr to this rog 5, worst mistake of my life .
Driving a vehicle is also not smooth even at 60 fps , it is not smooth at all.
Aerocooler 5 is also just a waste of money , it lowers the temp by only 3 degrees and you guys advertised that it lowers the temp by 10-15 degrees, what a scam .
And if I plug in my hyper x headphones on the phones 3.5 mm jack , my teammates cannot hear me ( ofcourse, when I am not using the aerocooler) but when I plug it into the aerocooler 3.5 mm jack , they can hear me fine , what is that about ?
Also , I don't know if you can notice / understand it or not , but while firing the corsair automatically kind of jumps upward and leftward , I have attached a video of it , it does not happen every time but happens very frequently so you can't ignore it .
So many problems , if you cannot fix these things I might have to go back to my iphone XR n I will never buy android for life .
========================================

26 REPLIES 26

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Please don't blame android on this, it's just Rog5 is a disaster phone I already warned tons of users of it. The Rog3 does a much much much better job and is way more stable.
I already kept crying about its performance and frametime issues but nothing seems to have changed yet. There are also other issues such as unknown throttling happening if you utilize the GPU to much as well.
As for the microphone issue it's a known issue and hasnt been fixed yet, we have a topic with list of bugs. Personally played pubg very shortly 90fps stable, no drops at all, smooth sailing on the Rog3 while also playing CODMobile as my main shooter game at 120fps stable no lags. There are some very good options out there such as the RM6 or blackshark 4 that would probably make you happy.

krnapj
Rising Star I
Danishblunt

Please don't blame android on this, it's just Rog5 is a disaster phone I already warned tons of users of it. The Rog3 does a much much much better job and is way more stable.

I already kept crying about its performance and frametime issues but nothing seems to have changed yet. There are also other issues such as unknown throttling happening if you utilize the GPU to much as well.

As for the microphone issue it's a known issue and hasnt been fixed yet, we have a topic with list of bugs. Personally played pubg very shortly 90fps stable, no drops at all, smooth sailing on the Rog3 while also playing CODMobile as my main shooter game at 120fps stable no lags. There are some very good options out there such as the RM6 or blackshark 4 that would probably make you happy.

View post
Maybe , but I am realising iphone may have fewer features but the perfection which they have in those features is unmatchable , they may not have vapour chambers or stuff like that but they donot need that , if you see the latest iPad pro with m1 chip , it does not heat and has unmatchable performance with stable frame rates which are also the highest than any other devices available. I don't blame android but I don't wana get into this I can pay n I want performance n now m sure more than ever that android is the way to go , their devices even if old give the same stable performance . They don't even advertise their phones as gaming phones but they give the best gaming performance.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
krnapj

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/170060#Comment_170060

Maybe , but I am realising iphone may have fewer features but the perfection which they have in those features is unmatchable , they may not have vapour chambers or stuff like that but they donot need that , if you see the latest iPad pro with m1 chip , it does not heat and has unmatchable performance with stable frame rates which are also the highest than any other devices available. I don't blame android but I don't wana get into this I can pay n I want performance n now m sure more than ever that android is the way to go , their devices even if old give the same stable performance . They don't even advertise their phones as gaming phones but they give the best gaming performance.

View post
Comparing an ipad with a phone is plain stupid. Then Ill go further and say, oh ipad? it sucks compared to my 13" gaming notebook, see how it can then go on to desktop debate again? The ipad is a weird device to begin with, I don't see any reasons for its existance as its to large to be considered portable, so buying a gaming notebook would make much more sense or something like a surface book 3 instead of an M1 Ipad.
Overall the Iphones are "ok", but they are inferior to good gaming phones, it has been tested that phones like the black shark simply have competitive advantages over the Iphone, not only higher refreshrate, lower input latency, physical buttons but also sound improvements making you hear steps easier and so on.
As for your claim that Ipad with M1 chip has unmatchable performance, depending on game it's simply untrue, since games are capped at 60fps for the most part. For instance I would never be able to play CODmobile at 120FPS on the Ipad, while on my Rog3 I happily play on 120FPS.
While you can compare the phone to an Iphone, don't compare it to the Ipad, as it's simply a different device altogether.

krnapj
Rising Star I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/170071#Comment_170071

Comparing an ipad with a phone is plain stupid. Then Ill go further and say, oh ipad? it sucks compared to my 13" gaming notebook, see how it can then go on to desktop debate again? The ipad is a weird device to begin with, I don't see any reasons for its existance as its to large to be considered portable, so buying a gaming notebook would make much more sense or something like a surface book 3 instead of an M1 Ipad.

Overall the Iphones are "ok", but they are inferior to good gaming phones, it has been tested that phones like the black shark simply have competitive advantages over the Iphone, not only higher refreshrate, lower input latency, physical buttons but also sound improvements making you hear steps easier and so on.

As for your claim that Ipad with M1 chip has unmatchable performance, depending on game it's simply untrue, since games are capped at 60fps for the most part. For instance I would never be able to play CODmobile at 120FPS on the Ipad, while on my Rog3 I happily play on 120FPS.

While you can compare the phone to an Iphone, don't compare it to the Ipad, as it's simply a different device altogether.

View post
It was just a reference dude , chill and u might wana refresh your knowledge, the latest iPad has 120hz refresh rate even the last iPad pro had and it gives stable 110-120 fps on genshin impact and no temperature throttling.there is no other gaming notebook that can do that.
And 0 players who play competitive need those extra buttons , in theory ofcourse there are alot of improvements , but if you listen to the sound , sound on an older iphone is better even without these sound enhancements , all the competitive players of India play on iphone , there is not a single player who uses blackshark or any for that matter , out of India all the Chinese streamers are playing on iphone 8 plus not even the latest ones n they are more than satisfied . Don't read too much into specs , it doesn't matter in the end optimisation matters. My friend has black shark , I use hyper x headphones ,if I compare their sound on black shark rog 5 n my iphone XR , they sound much much better on the iphone XR .
What will you do with higher refresh rate when these phones don't give stable fps ?
They may have lower latency too , but because of poor optimisation accross various apps the outcome is not as expected.
What will you make of lower latency if you're always dieing of d-sync ? I never felt d-sync on my iphone, but on this rog there is alot of that happening.
In theory rog 5 has vapour chamber + aeroactive cooler but does it stay cool ? Nope , on the other hand iphone never heats up .
And surface book 3 ? On full hd resolution ? Lol.it will overheat in 10 minutes n there will be a massive performance drop.
You really have read alot into the specs , get a little first hand knowledge.
You can google the performance of the latest iPad pro 2021 n then Lemme know where your 13" notebook stands ?
I had a very high end notebook but it used to overheat alot n then I assembled a gaming pc with liquid cooling , after that I moved to hostel n had to sell it . So , I hv had all these debates n I have first hand review of all these things m not saying what I heard.