cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE and Wifi Calling on Zenfone 8

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
Hi all,
Does anyone know if we can expect enabling VoLTE and Wifi Calling in european networks? I can only see in settings that icons for these options are available to enable at notification bar:
screenshot-20210518-120433796.png

Also as call quality is quite poor, can we expect some improvement with software updates as enabling HD Voice codecs?
Best,
Lukasz
265 REPLIES 265

@CH_ASUS,
On top of a list of carriers where VoLTE has already been added for Zenfone 8, could we also get a list of carriers you're currently working with on enabling the missing VoLTE?
Thanks and regards,
Miro

qualinn
Star II
CH_ASUS

Over the past 3 weeks we've validated and added VoLTE ontop of what was already enabled ; Germany Telekom, Spain Vodafone, Czech Republic O2, and Russia Tele2

And working on many more to enable as we're waiting for validation.

View post
Add HD Voice. Not all operators supports volte. Im using virtual operator (viking mobile) and they not support volte.
I need to have HD VOICE enabled in phone for that price!

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Admin

【Version】

【Model Name】

ZenFone 8 (ZS590KS)

【Release Date】

2021/06/07

Since the server pushes update notice to different serial numbers by batches, it may take some days for you to receive the FOTA notice. Thanks for your patience. You may tap “System updates” in [Settings] >[System] to check if there is new firmware available. Or, you can also try to manually update firmware by referring to the following link.

How to update firmware on my phone?

【Release Note】

1. Optimized call quality
  2. Enhanced wide camera contrast and improved ultra-wide camera Night mode for ASUS Camera.
  3. Optimized system stability
  4. Added gesture detection sensitivity in one-handed mode
  5. Added SMS type QR code support in ASUS Camera app
  6. Fixed the problem that some apps cannot be set to full screen mode
  7. Fixed issue which could cause Gboard settings to periodically change back to default values 
  8. Fixed Status bar display issue
  9. Enabled VoLTE & VoWiFi on Telia (Norway & Finland)
  10. Enabled VoLTE on MTS (Russia)
  11. Enabled VoLTE on Orange (Spain)
  12. Improved issue where playback of Netflix HDR videos would stutter after a short while.

[210603]ZenFone 8_WW_30.11.51.57
screenshot-20210607-124108803-281-29.jpg
3 more operators support volte after the latest ota (.57)
The changelog also mentions "optimised call quality"

bartehk
Star II
After the update VoLTE/VoWiFi is not working for me any more

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
bartehk

After the update VoLTE/VoWiFi is not working for me any more

View post
I'm sorry to hear that. We're discussing VoLTE support with a lot of operators and Orange PL is one of them. I can't tell you if or when VoLTE will be supported but I want you to know that the process is ongoing.