cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE and Wifi Calling on Zenfone 8

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
Hi all,
Does anyone know if we can expect enabling VoLTE and Wifi Calling in european networks? I can only see in settings that icons for these options are available to enable at notification bar:
screenshot-20210518-120433796.png

Also as call quality is quite poor, can we expect some improvement with software updates as enabling HD Voice codecs?
Best,
Lukasz
265 REPLIES 265

WaSyL
Star III
Leyqu

Hi,

Asus zenfone still not support HD voice for Polish operators. I'm little not happy. Phone is great but this subject is really needed otherwise people will return phones.

Please do Your best.

View post
AMR-WB (HD Voice) does not require VoLTE and should work with plain 3G connection. If it does not work on Zenfone 8 then something must be f*&%ed up 😞

qualinn
Star II
If HD Voice will not work this will be my last Asus phone. Even the cheapest Redmi have hd Voice and asus flagship dont.

WaSyL
Star III
qualinn

If HD Voice will not work this will be my last Asus phone. Even the cheapest Redmi have hd Voice and asus flagship dont.

View post
I am still waiting for situation to clarify with all that glitches. But how long? Samsung - VoLTE for most EU carriers on launch. Sony - same. Here we have beta quality product on launch. Are we testers or consumers?!?

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Over the past 3 weeks we've validated and added VoLTE ontop of what was already enabled ; Germany Telekom, Spain Vodafone, Czech Republic O2, and Russia Tele2

And working on many more to enable as we're waiting for validation.

Chris1
Rising Star II
Hi,
Is it possible to get a list of EU carriers with VoLTE / VoWifi already validated for Zenfone 8 ?
Thanks.
[PS] could an admin modify my username, with for example "chris" instead of that email address ? Thanks. It seems something got wrong and i can't find the option. Otherwise thanks to cancel my account, i'll re-create it.