This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery decrements by 2% at a time

kedar
Star III
For example if battery is currently at 50% , it will decrement to 49% and then to 48% shortly if not immediately.
17 REPLIES 17

Noix
Rising Star II
My phone is doing the same, battery for example stays at 70% for 20 minutes then drops for 69% and a few seconds later is at 68%. I'm running .191

kinguntas23
Rising Star II
LP_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/16948#Comment_16948

So you're saying that the phone has the same battery life as past FW versions, but seems to have some kind of battery percentage display error? Within 1-2% of accurate but not ticking down at a correct rate?

View post
This was there since previous firmwares as well. Most of the times its accurate, just a few such instances occur

kedar
Star III
LP_ASUS

What firmware version are you running? Have you experienced any changes in overall battery life, or just the visible percentages?

View post
I'm on .191 version. I've noticed the SOT got reduced, but I'll confirm again to make sure it is a recurring issue. I've disabled the double tap camera feature and I use a very limited set of apps so I haven't installed any new apps.
Also, in my other thread I've mentioned that I had my google assistant turned off on long press home in the previous versions but in the .191 version it was re-enabled and I couldn't find the option to remap the gesture to do nothing. Maybe the assistant is always active in the background causing battery drain?

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
I'm unaware of whether Google Assistant is always on or not, but I can double check.

I'll forward the feedback from this thread about the battery percent indicators to the developers. Thanks all!

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
Google Assistant appears to be disabled by default. You can turn it on within the Google app, under "Voice Match" and "Access with Voice Match". But if you're worried about battery life probably better to leave it off.
I'm not sure why you're still seeing decreased battery life even after unmapping Google Assistant.