Pubg Performance dropped after updates

aratanshakya
Star I
Model Name: Rog 5
FirmwareVersion:18.0840.2104.47
Rooted or not:not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: every time
APPName & APP Version -PUBGM,PUBGKr, Asphalt 8,9 and most of the games
The fps dropped to 33 from 60 while Playing pubg. Processor always remained to 1.56GHZ. If temperature rises above 38 C.
Average Cpu usage is 30-40% and Gpu usage is 10-25%
Xmode level 3 (with cooler) didn't do anything not a single percent performance gain.
Just because of the updates the phn lower its frequency if the temperatur goes 36C above
It runs with full frequency with 32C at 2.84ghz but fall to 1.56 with the rise in temperature
With hardcore tuning I was able to hold cpu at 2.04 Ghz at 39C but it fell to 1.79 as the temperature raise above 40

8 REPLIES 8

OSx_CRAZY
Star I
aratanshakya

Model Name: Rog 5

FirmwareVersion:18.0840.2104.47

Rooted or not:not rooted

Frequency of Occurrence: every time

APPName & APP Version -PUBGM,PUBGKr, Asphalt 8,9 and most of the games

The fps dropped to 33 from 60 while Playing pubg. Processor always remained to 1.56GHZ. If temperature rises above 38 C.

Average Cpu usage is 30-40% and Gpu usage is 10-25%

Xmode level 3 (with cooler) didn't do anything not a single percent performance gain.

Just because of the updates the phn lower its frequency if the temperatur goes 36C above

It runs with full frequency with 32C at 2.84ghz but fall to 1.56 with the rise in temperature

With hardcore tuning I was able to hold cpu at 2.04 Ghz at 39C but it fell to 1.79 as the temperature raise above 40

Pubg Performance dropped after updates
Agree with you, Fps drop and game lagging issue after pubg new update.

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi aratanshakya,
Thanks for the update, did you notice performance drop in any other game?

ghyzriellgalez0
Rising Star II
Performance drops on codm as well. From 60 to 50 and the movementa feels heavy

krnapj
Rising Star I
I bought rog 5 , after reading about its specs , but it does not give stable fps in pubg , from 60-30 sometimes 7 even 1 . What kind of gaming phone is this if it's fps drops below 30 even at 36 c temp. ?
I shifted from iphone xr to this rog 5, worst mistake of my life .
Driving a vehicle is also not smooth even at 60 fps , it is not smooth at all.
Aerocooler 5 is also just a waste of money , it lowers the temp by only 3 degrees and you guys advertised that it lowers the temp by 10-15 degrees, what a scam .
And if I plug in my hyper x headphones on the phones 3.5 mm jack , my teammates cannot hear me ( ofcourse, when I am not using the aerocooler) but when I plug it into the aerocooler 3.5 mm jack , they can hear me fine , what is that about ?
Also , I don't know if you can notice / understand it or not , but while firing the corsair automatically kind of jumps upward and leftward , I have attached a video of it , it does not happen every time but happens very frequently so you can't ignore it .
So many problems , if you cannot fix these things I might have to go back to my iphone XR n I will never buy android for life .