Star I
System: Windows 10 Home
Battery or AC: Both
Model: ASUS VIVOBOOK S14 X411U
Frequency of occurrence: N/A
Reset OS: N?A
Screenshot or video:
========================
Hi Guys, I got this notebook from my friend and try to upgrade it with a SSD. I got myself a Transcend MTE220S M.2 1TB NVMe PCIE Gen3x4 SSD (TS1TMTE220S). I have mounted it into the SSD slot in the notebook but the BIOS setup cannot detect it at all. Went into Windows DISK Management also cannot find it as well as the BIOS cannot detect the SSD.
Please help.
Best Regards
4 REPLIES 4

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
vanceho
  1. System: Windows 10 Home
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: ASUS VIVOBOOK S14 X411U
  4. Frequency of occurrence: N/A
  5. Reset OS: N?A
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Hi Guys, I got this notebook from my friend and try to upgrade it with a SSD. I got myself a Transcend MTE220S M.2 1TB NVMe PCIE Gen3x4 SSD (TS1TMTE220S). I have mounted it into the SSD slot in the notebook but the BIOS setup cannot detect it at all. Went into Windows DISK Management also cannot find it as well as the BIOS cannot detect the SSD.

Please help.

Best Regards

ASUS VIVOBOOK S14 X411U Cannot detect SSD
dId you conformed your laptop supports  NVMe PCIE "'Gen3x4'' SSD . ?
you need to Install NVMe driver to driver to detect NVMe ssd while installing windows 10.

download nvme driver from ssd manufacturer site , then install on windows
also download ssd scope software from transcend site , and install it , see if that software is able to detect your nvme ssd or not ..
also I found that your laptop model number is not mentioned compatible devices
PCIe SSD 220S | Product Support - Transcend Information, Inc. (transcend-info.com)

You can get compatible transcend products for your laptop model from below site
Compatibility - Transcend Information, Inc. (transcend-info.com)

vanceho
Star I
RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/48891/asus-vivobook-s14-x411u-cannot-detect-ssd

dId you conformed your laptop supports  NVMe PCIE "'Gen3x4'' SSD . ?

you need to Install NVMe driver to driver to detect NVMe ssd while installing windows 10.

download nvme driver from ssd manufacturer site , then install on windows

also download ssd scope software from transcend site , and install it , see if that software is able to detect your nvme ssd or not ..

also I found that your laptop model number is not mentioned compatible devices

PCIe SSD 220S | Product Support - Transcend Information, Inc. (transcend-info.com)

You can get compatible transcend products for your laptop model from below site

Compatibility - Transcend Information, Inc. (transcend-info.com)

View post
I noticed my ASUS Notebook model cannot find in the Database in Transcend at all. My model is VIVOBOOK S14 X411U but all the model listed in the Transcend database come with a suffix after the U eg: X411UN, X411UF.
Thanks for the reply. Before I came here to post I did these steps :
Try to look for the driver for the SSD over the internet as well as using windows 10 update but cannot find anything.
Installed Transcend ssd scope still can't detect the SSD.
Try to look for BIOS upgrade for my notebook model but can't find anything.
As the BIOS cannot detect it, I cannot clone the SSD. Hopefully I can find a way to solve this so that I can replace the windows start up of my notebook to SSD instead the slow SATA HDD.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
vanceho

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/169580#Comment_169580

I noticed my ASUS Notebook model cannot find in the Database in Transcend at all. My model is VIVOBOOK S14 X411U but all the model listed in the Transcend database come with a suffix after the U eg: X411UN, X411UF.

Thanks for the reply. Before I came here to post I did these steps :

1. Try to look for the driver for the SSD over the internet as well as using windows 10 update but cannot find anything.
  2. Installed Transcend ssd scope still can't detect the SSD.
  3. Try to look for BIOS upgrade for my notebook model but can't find anything.

As the BIOS cannot detect it, I cannot clone the SSD. Hopefully I can find a way to solve this so that I can replace the windows start up of my notebook to SSD instead the slow SATA HDD.

View post
what is the correct model number is written in bios. which processor is using in your laptop

vanceho
Star I
RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/169649#Comment_169649

what is the correct model number is written in bios. which processor is using in your laptop

View post
The Transcend SSD does not support ASUS VIVOBOOK S14 X411U for sure. I found a solution by mounting the new Transcend SSD to my main Desktop PC and it works. So now I move the old Samsung 850 EVO m.2 SSD from my desktop to my VIVOBOOK and it can detect.
The whole incident end up as a blessing in disguise. 1 SSD two upgrade to my Desktop and the VIVOBOOK laptop.😅
Thank you so much for helping.