johnnny
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS_I001D ZS770KL
Firmware Version: 17.0240.2103.75
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Every Week
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I just bought this phone since the first week of April of 2021 and updated the phone up to the latest the problems I had are sudden shutdowns, I keep getting this issue every week and after a month of use the phone freezes and doesn't reboot it stays stuck on the screen. I tried force shutdown it doesn't turn off, I held the power button for a minute it turns off but when I try to turn it on it won't reboot. I charged it and it doesn't turn on the screen, I powered on while charging but it won't turn on, I held the power button, volume up + power button for a minute or so it works but the issue of shutting down every week is still here and it's getting worse that the start up slows down. I need help on this issue hoping for an easy free fix, I loved this phone since it was out and finally saved up to buy one after 2 years so save a new Asus Customer here.
24 REPLIES 24

kikoly
Hall of Fame II
Vamp

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/169572#Comment_169572

I don't think occasional restarting issue have been resolved... after reading it twice, previously in some update I think after clicking on restart, it used to skip the restart logo, that has been resolved.

View post
I have never encountered a restart since I started using ROG2, so I have no way to confirm whether the problem is really solved. If the problem persists after the firmware is updated, you must record the log or visit the service center to find out the problem.

dayakarch14
Star III
After the update i can say that the bug i had when i plug n play pubg screen blackouts has been resolved .Fps improved in hdr extreme settings . Ghost touch is a bit less compared to prev updates. Pretty good update for me.

johnnny
Star II
Sorry for bumping to this but I just want to update that the new Firmware really worked I have no sudden restarts and I'm glad it fixed the flickering at 120Hz.

My only concern left is hoping for a better battery optimization, my old 4000mAh phone only depleted 30% of 8 hours while the ROG Phone 2 with 6000mAh depleted 50% also 8 hours.

Will keep this phone for years to come if updates are provided I don't care about Android 11 or 12 just optimize this for the best, will request to have this thread solved and close.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
johnnny

Sorry for bumping to this but I just want to update that the new Firmware really worked I have no sudden restarts and I'm glad it fixed the flickering at 120Hz.

My only concern left is hoping for a better battery optimization, my old 4000mAh phone only depleted 30% of 8 hours while the ROG Phone 2 with 6000mAh depleted 50% also 8 hours.

Will keep this phone for years to come if updates are provided I don't care about Android 11 or 12 just optimize this for the best, will request to have this thread solved and close.

View post
My advice for battery is to ensure Facebook, Instagram or any other social platforms don't run in the background. They are battery intensive and doing things in the background a lot of the time.
Try checking out the Power Master options and any apps you don't need notifications ensure they don't start up and have them on battery optimized.

johnnny
Star II
Scratch that, I'm still having that issue whenever I Screen Share on discord it froze and restarted on its own.