Rollin
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG 3
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2104.147
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: every hour or less
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
So a month after buying my Asus ROG 3 from amazon, my phone randomly shuts off, upon start up my batter percent has also dropped to 1% Out of curiosity on how its possible to go from 87% to 1% i plugged it in, After startup and on the shutdown the Battery animation goes from 1 to 87 going up 1 increment every second. After this it continually shuts off randomly through out the day, I have tried few methods like a factory reset and originally removed all the apps that was downloaded recently. I dont do much on the phone besides normal phone calls and text. I mostly just play games here and there that are low res such as idle clicker games etc. Ive seen stuff online to return the item but im a month in. I dont see why exactly a month later the phone becomes a paper weight and now im out 855$ smackers. the phone is up to date, is it an update issue? about a week ago i got an update but im also on automatic updates, so could this be a problem with a hotfix? and is there a possible way to go back a firmware to test. unfortunately i dont have picks of the battery graph but it showed the consumption tanking with in minutes and then charging back to the original charge within seconds
3 REPLIES 3

Rollin
Star I
Rollin

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus ROG 3
  2. Firmware Version: 17.0823.2104.147
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: every hour or less
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

So a month after buying my Asus ROG 3 from amazon, my phone randomly shuts off, upon start up my batter percent has also dropped to 1% Out of curiosity on how its possible to go from 87% to 1% i plugged it in, After startup and on the shutdown the Battery animation goes from 1 to 87 going up 1 increment every second. After this it continually shuts off randomly through out the day, I have tried few methods like a factory reset and originally removed all the apps that was downloaded recently. I dont do much on the phone besides normal phone calls and text. I mostly just play games here and there that are low res such as idle clicker games etc. Ive seen stuff online to return the item but im a month in. I dont see why exactly a month later the phone becomes a paper weight and now im out 855$ smackers. the phone is up to date, is it an update issue? about a week ago i got an update but im also on automatic updates, so could this be a problem with a hotfix? and is there a possible way to go back a firmware to test. unfortunately i dont have picks of the battery graph but it showed the consumption tanking with in minutes and then charging back to the original charge within seconds

Asus Rog 3 Shutting Off Randomly?
Got home and connected to outlet, hasn't shut down yet, could this be a battery issue?

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Either battery is damaged or not calibrated.

Do the following to calibrate the battery:
Charge completely to 100%
Discharge battery until conpletely emtpy, you csn use 3dmark stresstest to accelerate the drain
Then charge battery back to 100%

If that doesnt fix it, then battery is clearly damaged, rma the device.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Rollin If you suspect that the battery might be damaged, please contact a local ASUS service center and have them take a look at your device. If the issue is caused by faulty hardware, they are best equipped to help you. Just keep the ongoing pandemic in mind and make sure to follow any restrictions and/or guidelines when planning a potential visit.