cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG 3 - Android 11 ETA

ZT-71508606
Star III
Model Name: ZS661KS-6A006IN | Firmware Version: 17.0823.2104.147

Recently bought the phone to enjoy my games, but looks like all the users are awaiting for the Android 11 upgrade for a very long time.
I previously owned Pixel 4, which drags me further down (from 12 to 10), I badly request the admin and moderators to share the official ETA of Android 11 upgrade. With such huge fanbase and great phone hardware in our hands, its really frustrating to stay with old generation of SW.

Waiting for a positive response! 🤞
110 REPLIES 110

MV
Rising Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/169392#Comment_169392

not really.

The Ipad is simlpy a different device. The Ipad and tablets alike are in a very weird spot honestly, I don't see any reason why anybody would purchase any of those devices if they can isntead of something like a 13" notebook. Just feels weird to me talking to an ipad user. I usually ask them why they went for an ipad instead of a 13" notebook and have yet to find a single ipad user that could make a good case, so far they have all made cases as to why they should switch rather than why they should keep the ipad.

View post
Nope. M1 is just extended A14x with extra cpu and GPU cores. All are based on same arch. A15 will be no different. You are correct though, can't compare. Different use cases.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
MV

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/169394#Comment_169394

Nope. M1 is just extended A14x with extra cpu and GPU cores. All are based on same arch. A15 will be no different. You are correct though, can't compare. Different use cases.

View post
Not sure what the "nope" refers to.
Also you're correct, the M1 is just an A14x on "steroids".

DANCOOPER
Star I
Wazirsera#10

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/168967#Comment_168967

Today, I got the e-mail about releasing of Android 11 beta for Rog 3.

We will soon (by next week) release FOTA for ROG Phone 3 open beta users (by batches) and please pay attention to the following guidelines:

1. Please make sure your ROG Phone 3 is upgraded to at least firmware 17.0823.2102.143 or newer. You will not get the FOTA if your device does not upgrade to the latest version.
  2. The FOTA will not wipe your data, but we strongly suggest you to back up your data anyway.

3.      A new software version 18.xx.xx.xx (Android 11) is estimated to be released in the near future. An announcement will be published on this board after FOTA released. If you would like to quit this beta program, please reply this email for further help. If you have already received FOTA notification but still want to quit this program, please do NOT download nor install 18.xx.xx.xx (For Android 11 software version, it all begins with 18.xx.xx.xx)

View post

, but the link doesn't work anymore, asus really suck when it's come to updates ! How can I fix this issue , any one can help to get the beta version,

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
Dont go so crazy for Android 11. Trust me even i was a beta tester and now have downgraded. There aren't much changes that you will notice. Moreover the beta testing is having a lot of bugs which are being fixed but re-appearing after new updates. If it would have been Android 12 i would have understood as it has a whole new changes in it. And regarding the ETA, i would suggest that 1st let the one's using beta and all their issues be resolved carefully , then only it should be released into the public platform. Orelse everyone is again going to curse that the update has hundreds of bugs. So relax and lets hope for the best in the future. I don't have much hopes but still i will wait. Major issue like black crush should be the priority for the Asus team followed by others.

ZT-71508606
Star III
MV

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/169374#Comment_169374

Just one suggestion, never buy a tech product with hopes of future updates. Buy for what it is. Rog 3 is still a great gaming mobile, not the best. Tech keeps changing every few months, if you might know. If you keep repeating updates updates, nothings gonna happen, everyone might starting laughing at you a little. ROG3 != Pixel

View post
Hi MV.. it's not about pixel here, this post is a request for an year old version of Android, which running on most of the big budget phones in India. Don't get confused!
It's still a good phone, but you can't say that user cannot expect any update (everyone might start laughing at you a little). Since officially they committed to provide 2 version updates for their products.