Arsh_Grewal
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS ROG PHONE 5
Firmware Version:ANDROID 11
Rooted or not:NOT
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):MEDIA STORAGE
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================the system app media storage covered my 18gb storage and its extra i didnt filled my phone more than 25gb but it is showing more than when i checked in storage so whats media storage and how can i free up my storage 18 gb.Another one is also about storage it is showing that images covered 17gb and i have about 50images only .ASAP tell me a solution

3 REPLIES 3

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Arsh Grewal

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ASUS ROG PHONE 5
  2. Firmware Version:ANDROID 11
  3. Rooted or not:NOT
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):MEDIA STORAGE

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================the system app media storage covered my 18gb storage and its extra i didnt filled my phone more than 25gb but it is showing more than when i checked in storage so whats media storage and how can i free up my storage 18 gb.Another one is also about storage it is showing that images covered 17gb and i have about 50images only .ASAP tell me a solution

screenshot-20210601-135333743.jpg

screenshot-20210601-135341166.jpg

About storage
Try factory reset.
The usual culprit of this issue is when the phone has been flashed.
Otherwise, take your phone to service centre, but you probably won't have warranty on the phone because of the flashing (this might not be you, but the dealer who sold you the phone).
If you don't want to take any of the steps above, you can always go to XDA forum and get advice.

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Arsh Grewal,
A slow process would be to connect the phone to the PC and check under the DCIM folder for all the junk and Images as well as cache files. You can use Mobile manager and use the clean-up option.
Some quick steps would be to Factory reset your phone and see if space is cleared.

Arsh_Grewal
Star I
I didnt connect the phone to pc and i cant reset my phone bcoz i have important data and apps and in android 11 i cant copy my data because it is hidden . So please another solution ?