cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG 3 - Android 11 ETA

ZT-71508606
Star III
Model Name: ZS661KS-6A006IN | Firmware Version: 17.0823.2104.147

Recently bought the phone to enjoy my games, but looks like all the users are awaiting for the Android 11 upgrade for a very long time.
I previously owned Pixel 4, which drags me further down (from 12 to 10), I badly request the admin and moderators to share the official ETA of Android 11 upgrade. With such huge fanbase and great phone hardware in our hands, its really frustrating to stay with old generation of SW.

Waiting for a positive response! 🤞
110 REPLIES 110

MV
Rising Star II
sudhi.k

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/169338#Comment_169338

Then why do we need And 11 let us all be in And 10 version only. Also why do we need security updates and other app updates as even after updating the phone will be ROG 3 only.

View post
Just one suggestion, never buy a tech product with hopes of future updates. Buy for what it is. Rog 3 is still a great gaming mobile, not the best. Tech keeps changing every few months, if you might know. If you keep repeating updates updates, nothings gonna happen, everyone might starting laughing at you a little. ROG3 != Pixel

Wazirsera_10
Star I
himverma2012

Hi, I'm currently running Android 11 beta on ROG-3. We've received 5 beta versions so far. It's stable with a couple of bugs here and there. According to me, you can expect the stable release in next month

View post
Today, I got the e-mail about releasing of Android 11 beta for Rog 3.
We will soon (by next week) release FOTA for ROG Phone 3 open beta users (by batches) and please pay attention to the following guidelines:
Please make sure your ROG Phone 3 is upgraded to at least firmware 17.0823.2102.143 or newer. You will not get the FOTA if your device does not upgrade to the latest version.
The FOTA will not wipe your data, but we strongly suggest you to back up your data anyway.
3.      A new software version 18.xx.xx.xx (Android 11) is estimated to be released in the near future. An announcement will be published on this board after FOTA released. If you would like to quit this beta program, please reply this email for further help. If you have already received FOTA notification but still want to quit this program, please do NOT download nor install 18.xx.xx.xx (For Android 11 software version, it all begins with 18.xx.xx.xx)

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
MV

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/169374#Comment_169374

Just one suggestion, never buy a tech product with hopes of future updates. Buy for what it is. Rog 3 is still a great gaming mobile, not the best. Tech keeps changing every few months, if you might know. If you keep repeating updates updates, nothings gonna happen, everyone might starting laughing at you a little. ROG3 != Pixel

View post
pretty much, now seeing AMD collab with Samsung makes me fear for the future of all gaming phones be it rog, RM, blackshark or whatever. If the SoC they are going to make is anything like NVIDIA's tegra Atlan that will be present in the switch pro then good night good luck for qualcom to counter that. All gaming phones will become obsolete compared to that.

MV
Rising Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/169386#Comment_169386

pretty much, now seeing AMD collab with Samsung makes me fear for the future of all gaming phones be it rog, RM, blackshark or whatever. If the SoC they are going to make is anything like NVIDIA's tegra Atlan that will be present in the switch pro then good night good luck for qualcom to counter that. All gaming phones will become obsolete compared to that.

View post
I just got my M1 ipad pro two weeks back. I think that's the chip to beat on benchmarking in 2021.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
MV

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/169391#Comment_169391

I just got my M1 ipad pro two weeks back. I think that's the chip to beat on benchmarking in 2021.

View post
not really.
The Ipad is simlpy a different device. The Ipad and tablets alike are in a very weird spot honestly, I don't see any reason why anybody would purchase any of those devices if they can isntead of something like a 13" notebook. Just feels weird to me talking to an ipad user. I usually ask them why they went for an ipad instead of a 13" notebook and have yet to find a single ipad user that could make a good case, so far they have all made cases as to why they should switch rather than why they should keep the ipad.