suggestion/request for improvement of the camera application

daveantonindaveantonin Level 1
edited May 31 in ZenFone 8

Can you please implement the following features in the camera application? 

• possibility to select the function of holding down the shutter button - video/sequential shooting
  • take a photo by long-pressing the power button from lock screen
  • Fix saving photos in sequential shooting so that they display correctly in Google photos. Now all photos are displayed individually instead of in sequence, which is very unclear. 
  • Sequential shooting in RAW/64Mp
  • HDR video recording with 10b colors

Thank you for implementing at least some features that will improve the experience of this great device. 

Comments

• bert48bert48 Level 1

Nice additions. What I really mis is:

Using a hand guesture in front of the camera to release it (= take a picture).

(is this maybe patented by Samsung?)

• possibility to select the function of holding down the shutter button - video/sequential shooting

I don't understand. If you meant that it should shoot video when holding down the shutter button, then it's already doing that. And by swiping the shutting button towards the front/back camera button activates burst mode until you release

• take a photo by long-pressing the power button from lock screen

We do not offer this option for press and hold with our smart key feature but you can do what you want with a double press.

• Fix saving photos in sequential shooting so that they display correctly in Google photos. Now all photos are displayed individually instead of in sequence, which is very unclear. 

We're already aware of this and will try to fix it

• Sequential shooting in RAW/64Mp

It's too demanding. I don't believe any phone can burst with RAW/64Mp

• HDR video recording with 10b colors

We won't offer this.

• edited June 23

This feature is already on our todo list but we have prioritized improving our quality and other features instead since we already have a swipe timer feature which works great enough. Hopefully one day we will have the time and resources to implement this feature too

• Maybe 360 (spherical) Panorama photos?

I have copied some Panorama 360 photos from my oldLg to Zenfone and they look great in built-in Gallery, hope to make more of them by Zenfone :)

I know there is now burst mode on swipe and video on shutter hold. But I'd like to have the option to choose if the long press of the shutter starts recording video or if burst mode kicks in. When swiping, the phone may move and photo recording in burst mode is affected. A simple toogle control in the camera settings for long press shutter : video/burst mode

Thank you

• edited June 23

360 is cool and all but most users only use the wider pano function so we optimized it for this type of capturing. For everyone who loves capturing spheres, I recommend to download 3rd party apps

• Martin2Martin2 Level 1
    edited July 5

Hi,

would it be possible to show on the camera in addition to current date and time also GPS position as ##.########N ##.########E ? Like OpenCamera from Mark Harman does? With as many decimal positions as possible. In NMEA logs I see 8 digits after the dot. If you can, you may also optionally add precision to the text displayed or PDOP/HDOP/VDOP values. I do not want the position to be translated to an address/city.

Thank you,

• ElmirElmir Level 1

Not sure if this is doable, but what I would also like is that if when in the camera app long pressing volume up would trigger video recording and long pressing volume down would trigger burst shooting.

• CH_ASUSCH_ASUS admin
    edited July 6

I suppose technically it is possible - but these type of changes are not likely to make it into an interim version update.

We actively collect feedback and then look at adding changes to major revisions where the is relevance or a lot of demand.

I would recommend everyone here to add your requests to the "Ideas for next" section.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/48558/do-you-have-a-great-idea-for-the-zenfone-8-head-over-to-the-ideas-for-next-forum-section#latest

• moskwicmoskwic Level 1

I have two request for camera app:

1. remove from photo file name: "P_" and use only date_time as file name, its simpler
    2. add setting for smaller resolution, often i need quickly take a photo and send to company file server, but file size is too big

Thank you

• This is a general suggestion for the camera's auto mode.

I'd like to have the exposure dialed back a bit. It seems to be consistently blowing out certain highlights. What you get in return is more visible/detailed shadows, but I'd be fine with sacrificing some of this instead of having detail loss in bright areas. I can mitigate some of this by manually adjusting the exposure slider, but it would be nice if it was automatic (or maybe customizable in the settings somehow, so that I don't need to manually adjust it for each photo).