miteshmitesh Level 1
edited July 14 in ROG Phone 2

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Comments

• gsanchezgsanchez Level 2
    edited May 30

To be honest, just with a new phone, possibly from another brand. I made the switch and I don't regret.

• VolodesiVolodesi Level 3

Probably won't.

Hope I am wrong though. Cause I really want the Android 11 Hold Power menu. It's really nice on my Pixel 2 XL.

• Are saying that the 2017 pixel 2xl has got the android 11 and 2019 rog 2 hasn't got A11 yet 😂

• VolodesiVolodesi Level 3

Well. It is a Google phone. Which is about the best Software support you can get besides Nvidia SHIELD TV.

ASUS is like bottom of the barrel.

• ROG 2 won't get Android 11. Asus doesn't announce it because of ROG 5, cuz they charged nearly 1000 USD for ROG 2 and gave only 1 major upgrade, like ROG 1. If they announce that they won't give a 2nd major android upgrade for ROG 2 people may consider to not purchase ROG 5. That's why Asus delays the announcement.

• Aryan202Aryan202 Level 5

Google phone and an non gaming phone

Only thing going for the pixels is the updates the hardware that you get is not vfm for what they charge tbh

• Hi mitesh,

Android 11 for ROG Phone 2 is currently under evaluation. There is no ETA for now. For more information please stay tuned to the Release note section.

• SoumyaRSSoumyaRS Level 2

By the way .90 update was just released with may security patch.

• sonusarkarsonusarkar Level 1

Did you update? I'm hesitant to update after the last one caused restart issue, afraid of what issue it'll come with now.

• VampVamp Level 3
    edited June 6

Last one for me resolved the restart issue... It's pretty much same as before but it have one bug of changing screen brightness with still image as a wallpaper will have black background, otherwise if you are having restart issues due to last update... Try updating to this one ... Since last update I didn't even had a single restart and I've noticed a huge difference in manual restart times also...

• CrEΣpCrEΣp Level 1

Well that escalated quickly! ☺️ When i bought my ROG Phone 2, it camed with Android 9. After a few months it upgraded to Android 10. I don't remember anybody officially saying the phone will Upgrade to Android 11. :)) There were only some gossips/rumors... And to be honest, i don't think that's a good ideea. I love the phone. Except the last upgrade that was supposed to fix some bugs on tik-tok and messed up other things, the phone is a beast. Yeah there always will be problems, not matter what u choose. But at least they don;t explode in your pockets! :)) Hatters will always hate! Peace™!

This discussion has been closed.