cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE and Wifi Calling on Zenfone 8

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
Hi all,
Does anyone know if we can expect enabling VoLTE and Wifi Calling in european networks? I can only see in settings that icons for these options are available to enable at notification bar:
screenshot-20210518-120433796.png

Also as call quality is quite poor, can we expect some improvement with software updates as enabling HD Voice codecs?
Best,
Lukasz
265 REPLIES 265

tuckawayfarm
Star II
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/48261/volte-and-wifi-calling-on-zenfone-8

Regarding Volte & wifi calling i can see that it will be enabled slowly as carriers decide to add Zenfone 8 to there support list. Atlast VOLTE & VOWIFI on any carriers totally depends on carrier/ service provider and not ASUS.

you can request your carrier/service provider via emails and helpline to consider Zenfone 8 to there support list of Volte & Vowifi.

Regarding voice call qualtiy there are chances of future adjustments with Voice call quality if there are number of users facing same issue with Zenfone 8.also there is possibility that VOLTE & VOWIFI may improve call quality to some extent. So here you can just wait for future FOTA's

Please share your carrier name for which you want VOLTE & VOWIFI. So that Moderaters may take a look through if Zenfone 8 alredy has it and your device is working as expected or not.

Thanks!

View post
I'm on ATT in the US. Any idea if I will get voLTE or 5G on the Zenfone 8 or 8 flip? If not, in January I will have to part with my beloved Z6 and try to find something I like as much. 😥

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
tuckawayfarm

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/167348#Comment_167348

I'm on ATT in the US. Any idea if I will get voLTE or 5G on the Zenfone 8 or 8 flip? If not, in January I will have to part with my beloved Z6 and try to find something I like as much. 😥

View post
Until january it may be...., but thats just my guess, actual Eta for volte is impossible to commit on because it has lot of factors to be cosiderd before its release. But i can assure you that volte or 5G may definetly come to Zenfone 8/8flip. They are working with numerous operators and yes volte support for various other operators will be enabled gradually with future firmwares. Just please be patient. And yes its a long wait until january so please dont worry i think it should be done.
Thanks!

bartehk
Star II
WaSyL

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/168963#Comment_168963

For Orange PL (other PL operators do not exhibit this nasty habit) this will probably work for just few days, when their system detects VoLTE from 'unsupported' phone it will be blacklisted

View post
I hope not! I was previously using it on unsupported Xiaomi device for almost a year and I was not banned.
But my operator is Orange Flex so it may be different.

mr-jack007
Star I
Hello anybody testing volte in Poland in t- mobile ?

lasiczecielsko
Star II
Hi! Not working for me in Orange Free PL. Options are in place, ticked back and forth no avail 😞
Regards
Weasel