This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery capacity

mkumitsu
Star III
Hi, Did anyone check the battery capacity of his ZenFone 8? My is barely 3600mah and I wonder if something is wrong with my battery or the capacity is smaller then Asus assured.
screenshot-20210529-204647603-281-29.jpg

8 REPLIES 8

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
mkumitsu

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/169060#Comment_169060

No, it's not normal. Capacity should be as producent declared. And is in Sony of even Xiaomi. Samsung for example limit full charge to about 94%, but they at least inform you about it. I would like to use full capacity and that's why I bought phone with big battery.

View post
I dont know what you know about battery tech. And this is for the reason.they refer to the charge at 95℅= min And then 100℅= typical. As per the advanced BMS/charging-safety of a mobile phone, they will reach min first then typical with a lot of time taking, that's why they mentioned in that manner.But in most cases, it will applicable by advanced BMS or Charging system involved.
Batteries have three voltage rating segments.
Minimum voltage.
Min voltage is the lowest safe voltage level that a battery should be discharged to. If voltage falls below the specified minimum voltage, there is a chance of damaging the battery.
Rated/ typical voltage.
It is the optimal voltage at which the battery is supposed to be operated.
Maximum voltage.
A battery can be charged to this voltage and no further.
Eg. A 18650 cell has the following voltage ratings.
Minimum voltage: 2.6 V
Rated voltage: 3.4–3.6 V
Maximum voltage: 4.2V

Here is my Zenfone 5z original battery which i have replaced few months ago it is clearly mentioned on battery that 3300mah is just a battery typical but minimum capacity of battery is 3150mah.👇
p-20210530-133550.jpg
So this is normal. And you have to accept.
U7G7hb

I just tested my Zenfone 8, which has now been charged 3 times.

asuszenfone8-battery-20210529.png

For reference, this is from a Sony Xperia 5 II that has been used for 7 months:

sonyxperia5ii-battery-20210529.png

So in my case, it definitely seems low.

View post
mkumitsu

Hi, Did anyone check the battery capacity of his ZenFone 8? My is barely 3600mah and I wonder if something is wrong with my battery or the capacity is smaller then Asus assured.

screenshot-20210529-204647603-281-29.jpg

Battery capacity
Accubattery is not an accurate app. It keeps on varying mah on number of charge cycles. Trusting it to full fledge is not acceptable. You can google to know what's the reason behind such battery tech for smartphones.
This is same for every brand and normal so nothing much to worry here.
Thanks!

sexiclube55
Rising Star I
Typ means typical and min minimum...

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Using the same accubattery app my wife's Nokia g 10 says 4200 and some change,, advertised capacity 4000,,
My zenfone 7 accubattery app says about 4600 ,, advertised capacity is 5000
Draw your own conclusions

mkumitsu
Star III
True lower capacity is the reason why battery lasting in ZenFone 8 is way shorter than in other devices with similar battery and snap 888.
Claiming that there is 4000 mah is a scam. I measured my ex OnePlus and it has got declared capacity.
I'd like to hear opinion from Asus why they declare false capacity.