This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery capacity

mkumitsu
Star III
Hi, Did anyone check the battery capacity of his ZenFone 8? My is barely 3600mah and I wonder if something is wrong with my battery or the capacity is smaller then Asus assured.
screenshot-20210529-204647603-281-29.jpg

8 REPLIES 8

sexiclube55
Rising Star I
i watched disassembly video of zenfone 8 and on battery is written... 4000 mah typ and min 3835... so battery capacity is cca 3835... but you cannot use all capacity beacause there is reserve... when you have 0%, there is still cca 300 mah reserved capacity... Usable capacity ís always less than capacity specified by the manufacturer... I tried accubattery and i have same usable capacity.... On my secondary phone realme 6s is typical capacity 4300 mah and min 4210... Accubattery shows 3970 mah and battery tester from Ali shows 3857mah ... After few cycles i test usable capacity on my zf 8.... ... This is same on All smartphones...

U7G7hb
Star II
I just tested my Zenfone 8, which has now been charged 3 times.
asuszenfone8-battery-20210529.png
For reference, this is from a Sony Xperia 5 II that has been used for 7 months:
sonyxperia5ii-battery-20210529.png
So in my case, it definitely seems low.

mkumitsu
Star III
sexiclube55

i watched disassembly video of zenfone 8 and on battery is written... 4000 mah typ and min 3835... so battery capacity is cca 3835... but you cannot use all capacity beacause there is reserve... when you have 0%, there is still cca 300 mah reserved capacity... Usable capacity ís always less than capacity specified by the manufacturer... I tried accubattery and i have same usable capacity.... On my secondary phone realme 6s is typical capacity 4300 mah and min 4210... Accubattery shows 3970 mah and battery tester from Ali shows 3857mah ... After few cycles i test usable capacity on my zf 8.... ... This is same on All smartphones...

View post
No, it's not normal. Capacity should be as producent declared. And is in Sony of even Xiaomi. Samsung for example limit full charge to about 94%, but they at least inform you about it. I would like to use full capacity and that's why I bought phone with big battery.

sexiclube55
Rising Star I
You cannot trust apps like accubattery... IS not accurate.... For me, accubat sometime says 3554 mah and sometimes 3153... this is 400 mah difference... What IS the Truth..