This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you're concerned about VoLTE and carrier support...

Android
Rising Star I
If you're one of the many people in this forum who has a problem with the ROG Phone not having access to VoLTE or 5G or certain network issues due to lack of compatibility or support with your carrier then please vote in this link:
Android

ASUS needs to make it so that the ROG Phone series is fully compatible with the carriers and networks in regions that they are selling it. The forums have mostly been flooded with demands of VoLTE and in some cases requests for 5G to be enabled in their region. It's the same requests and issues being reported time and time again.

The ROG Phone is first and foremost a phone and it isn't a wise idea to purchase a phone that plays games well but have calls that drop or have trouble receiving messages because it is missing some kind of approval from the carriers or because carriers don't like how the phone doesn't have the bands to support such features. I would've really liked to purchase the ROG Phone 5 but I'm very hesitant because I've read from people here that they have trouble connecting to 5G and VoLTE on T-Mobile.

PLEASE WORK WITH CARRIERS! If it's a money issue then allocate resources from other things into making sure that the ROG Phone meets basic standards expected of phones in 2021.

――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――

On a side note so I don't have to make another thread about it (especially since I don't think it should even be prioritized), I just want to say that I like how the ROG Phone 5 has theme packs. I think it would be cool to have a Gundam theme pack since ASUS has done a Gundam collaboration recently and released Gundam branded ROG PC components. NieR theme pack would be a cool one too but it's a little niche. But if licensed theme packs can't be done then a cool original mecha theme pack would also be awesome.

Full Carrier Support and Network Compatibility (5G, VoLTE, VoWiFi, etc.) should be #1 Priority
We need to let ASUS know that full carrier compatibility and support should be expedited and prioritized.
Be sure to also comment in that thread what carrier you have and what issues or concerns you have.
4 REPLIES 4

Machito
Star I
My carrier O2 Czech Republic just got official VoLTE and VoWiFi support after latest OTA update on my ROG Phone 5. 5G also works for me in my country. So I hope that ASUS is working on this and support in other countries should be added soon.

Android
Rising Star I
Machito

My carrier O2 Czech Republic just got official VoLTE and VoWiFi support after latest OTA update on my ROG Phone 5. 5G also works for me in my country. So I hope that ASUS is working on this and support in other countries should be added soon.

View post
Good on you that ASUS fully supports your carrier! If you can, I'd appreciate if your could vote and post on this link as well.
To be honest, I have some doubts that developers even bother reading this part of the forums and I doubt that the moderators here actually bother relaying the VoLTE concerns to the actual developers. If they did then official VoLTE support would have been expedited. Even companies like Razer, who don't even sell phones anymore, were able to include official VoLTE support in their phones years ago despite being a much smaller company than ASUS.
However, since there is a section in the forums where they are asking for software suggestions then it's likely that we can get our voices heard there instead of here in the actual ROG Phone 5 section.

waxy78611
Zen Master I
Android

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/169057#Comment_169057

Good on you that ASUS fully supports your carrier! If you can, I'd appreciate if your could vote and post on this link as well.

To be honest, I have some doubts that developers even bother reading this part of the forums and I doubt that the moderators here actually bother relaying the VoLTE concerns to the actual developers. If they did then official VoLTE support would have been expedited. Even companies like Razer, who don't even sell phones anymore, were able to include official VoLTE support in their phones years ago despite being a much smaller company than ASUS.

However, since there is a section in the forums where they are asking for software suggestions then it's likely that we can get our voices heard there instead of here in the actual ROG Phone 5 section.

View post
Completely agree. Asus don't care and don't bother. The stupid excuse they give is "we have to contact each carrier to have volte enabled"...
Right, so the first Rog phone came out roughly 4 years ago. Within those 4 years, Asus have accomplished nothing but pure rubbish. Even in the UK, NO network provider has volte. What on earth have they done in 4 years apart from drag this issue on and on and on?

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
waxy78611

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/169066#Comment_169066

Completely agree. Asus don't care and don't bother. The stupid excuse they give is "we have to contact each carrier to have volte enabled"...

Right, so the first Rog phone came out roughly 4 years ago. Within those 4 years, Asus have accomplished nothing but pure rubbish. Even in the UK, NO network provider has volte. What on earth have they done in 4 years apart from drag this issue on and on and on?

View post
Not to excuse that we could have had more countries ready by launch but every new model needs approval by the carrier to add VoLTE support. We're already discussing with many carriers in the countries we're selling and hopefully your carrier will be added too. The only thing we can improve in the future, is our relationship with the carriers to make the process smoother and fast enough to be ready at launch.