This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenBook 13 UX325 FN keys not working after sleep - ANYONE?

gabrio81
Rising Star I
System: ZenBook 13 UX325
Battery or AC: both
Model: UX325 / BIOS 308
Frequency of occurrence: ALWAYS
Reset OS: no
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:FN keys do not work when resuming from sleep, this is ALWAYS, every single time.
This happens every single time – while working or even just doing nothing, put pc to sleep,
when resumes the FN keys are NEVER WORKING back, you need to restart and then you get the
functionality back. This is extremely annoying as sometimes light changes and you might want to dim down etc, lower volume and the keys are very handy, sure you can use other menus in Windows10 but that’s not the point.
tested all Intel video drivers from My Asus, and also the standard intel Iris Plus
drivers, nothing solved the issue, Also flashed latest 308 BIOS yesterday and changed the FN setting from bios to “disabled” – nothing changed.
Running now: Graphic_IGCC_DCH_Intel_Z_V27.20.100.9365Sub1_22715 and the one before this from asus downloads as well as the stock intel one >igfx_win10_100.9466.exe, same behavior, FN keys not working after sleep mode anymore.
DOES ANYBODY have the same issue? Asus wants me to send the laptop in for repairs but this is 100% drivers in my opinion.
If you uninstall the video drivers the FN keys do not work anymore obviously, and other people solved this (HP, DELL) by rolling back one release. so obvious.

please let me know
thanks,
18 REPLIES 18

gabrio81
Rising Star I
ASUS Zenbook 13 (UX325EA-AH037T) this is the newer version with the 11th gen processor, excited to get this one now 🙂
thank you

gabrio81
Rising Star I
by the way, i found the issue of the FN keys not working - it's Modern Standby.

IF you disable Modern Standby, then the FN keys stop working when resuming from sleep.
If you re-enable Modern Standby, then the FN keys work fine when resuming from sleep.

It's too bad because many of us want to have the standard power plans, which means that you need to disable modern standby so this behaviour will occur.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Gabrio,
Thank you for the feedback. Is the laptop okay now?
I will report that for further investigation.
Thank you.

gabrio81
Rising Star I
hi,
i actually just got the brand new 11th gen. Same FN behaviour actually 100% identical, but it's AMAZING it's so much faster than the 10th gen, super happy!
i sent tech support my feedback as well, i hope they can fix it, but in the meantime, happy! 😉
cheers,
Gabrio