This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the ROG 5 clock speed is not stable like the rog 3. Fluctuates all the time.

ghyzriellgalez0
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 5
Firmware Version: 2104.47
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: all the time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Genchin Impact, codm, mobile legends and etc
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

9 REPLIES 9

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
ghyzriellgalez06

- no background apps.

- recording with 1080p; high; 60fps with microphone recording

- using aerocooler 5; properly mounted; no obstruction, just 3 days old

- using x mode, default settings except fps, set to 120

What I am confused. With my rog 3, using aerocooler and x mode. Also recording with the same values as above except it is in medium. The clockspeed is the same. Solid 2.84Gh. I am wondering is this normal in rog 5

Could anyone confirm this?

This is happening to all games I played with rog 5

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/168948#Comment_168948

View post
Ok so screen recording is one of the reason of unstable performance but that doesn't mean clockspeeds should drop so there must be something else ,
If you recently updated device than perform a factory reset as its the best way to make sure that software is working without any old logs ,
Then also 45c is system temps but what are the cpu and gpu temps as they determine if cpu is throttling or not and seeing your case and all these months of rog 5 throttling issues , its clearly throttling so provide temps of SOC and perform factory reset first and then come back here with same settings and temps then we will see if the problem persists

Quiexo
Star II
Just played Genshin Impact for about an hour session. All graphics settings maxed out except Environmental Detail set to High.
System temperature fluctuates between 40c and 45c, averaging 43c. CPU speed fluctuates between 2.69GHz and 2.84GHz, averaging 2.74GHz. Temperature went up to 45c and CPU dropped to 2.3GHz for a short moment after a daily commision battle at Dragonspine.
Keep in mind that the Prime CPU on ROG Phone 5 runs at slightly lower clockspeed but has higher single-threaded performance than ROG Phone 3 due to higher IPC. Though if I recall correctly ROG Phone 3 had binned CPU so perhaps it had more optimized voltage curve. The Adreno 660 GPU consumes far more power this time around and generates more heat, so it could also cause the CPU to throttle. High ambient temperature can also affect throttling.

ghyzriellgalez0
Rising Star II
Its still the same. And it gotten worse with the new update. You cant even play call of fduty properly. It stutters. Ang cannot get a stable 2.84. this is not what i expect for ROG 5, as i do have an rog 3. The clockspeed is always stable. Although it stutters randomly, but not lime this rog 5, almost all the time in in gunfights.

ChillyRide
Rising Star I
Read another threads of.49 firmware! Asus literally downgrade ROG 5 Perfomance!!!!!! Now Phone throttle at 48C, Antutu gives -20000 points compared to .47! Ty Asus, I want some reviews show perfomance impact after this update, cause right now its pathetic lie to clients face!

ghyzriellgalez0
Rising Star II
Damn it. Cant even play codm properly. Too much fps drop stuttering. Any update from the log file i sent and the videos. How long are we hoing to wait for the fix on this one.