This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the ROG 5 clock speed is not stable like the rog 3. Fluctuates all the time.

ghyzriellgalez0
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 5
Firmware Version: 2104.47
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: all the time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Genchin Impact, codm, mobile legends and etc
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

9 REPLIES 9

ghyzriellgalez0
Rising Star II
screenshot-20210529-033404206.jpg
Sample photo. Clockspeed drops to 2.38 even with x mode

ghyzriellgalez0
Rising Star II
Is this normal for rog 5? Why rog 3 does not do that. Please help

Quiexo
Star II
Was this issue present before firmware version 2104.47? Notably the latest firmware fixes abnormal temperature readings in Armoury Crate so I wonder if that affects the clockspeed you're experiencing. I'm on version 2103.26 at the moment so I'll test Genshin Impact with CPU monitor when I have time.
In the meantime, could you check the following:
* There are no other background apps using excessive CPU% (including screen recording)
* X Mode+ is enabled with default settings applied. The games are set to use X Mode+
* You're using AeroActive Cooler 5 and it's mounted correctly
* The fan intake is not obstructed. If it's full of dust, use a canned air to puff them out
* AeroActive Cooler 5 is set to Auto (or try max fan speed)

ghyzriellgalez0
Rising Star II
- no background apps.
- recording with 1080p; high; 60fps with microphone recording
- using aerocooler 5; properly mounted; no obstruction, just 3 days old
- using x mode, default settings except fps, set to 120

What I am confused. With my rog 3, using aerocooler and x mode. Also recording with the same values as above except it is in medium. The clockspeed is the same. Solid 2.84Gh. I am wondering is this normal in rog 5

Could anyone confirm this?
This is happening to all games I played with rog 5
Quiexo

Was this issue present before firmware version 2104.47? Notably the latest firmware fixes abnormal temperature readings in Armoury Crate so I wonder if that affects the clockspeed you're experiencing. I'm on version 2103.26 at the moment so I'll test Genshin Impact with CPU monitor when I have time.

In the meantime, could you check the following:

* There are no other background apps using excessive CPU% (including screen recording)

* X Mode+ is enabled with default settings applied. The games are set to use X Mode+

* You're using AeroActive Cooler 5 and it's mounted correctly

* The fan intake is not obstructed. If it's full of dust, use a canned air to puff them out

* AeroActive Cooler 5 is set to Auto (or try max fan speed)

View post