cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 5 Discussion Thread

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
Hi Zentalk,
As more and more users get their hands on the brand-new ROG Phone 5, we want to keep the forum section dedicated to technical questions and issues. General discussion threads about the ROG Phone 5 will be removed from now on and you are kindly asked to use this thread if you want to talk about the ROG Phone 5 with other users. If you encounter a bug or technical issue with your device, please create a separate thread.
As always, keep it clean and be respectful to each other. The thread will be moderated accordingly and posts that break our community rules will be removed. If you spot any bad behavior in this thread, or any other thread on Zentalk, please notify me or another moderator on our staff.
GL HF! ❤️

ROG Phone 5 | For Those Who Dare | ROG
347 REPLIES 347

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/165897#Comment_165897

Thermal throttling, 60c ambient, bugged software causing all sorts of weird behaviour such as massive battery drain on idle, headphone not working as intended etc., no VoLTE, ViLTE, one of the most fragile phones in 2021, very bad camera setup for the pricerange, no wireless charging, to name a few issues. I wouldnt call it near perfect, while it does have some good points, there certainly are a ton of flaws as well. Currently especially durability is a concern of the rog5. Considering that 2g/3g networks are switching of in many areas, not having VoLTE and ViLTE is a rather big problem.

View post
Man and I thought I had a problem with the zenfone 7. I'm glad I got rid of my ROG 3 while it was still sellable. I feel for you guys PS I know you are talking about the ROG 5 but same series yeah?

Roystoys
Zen Master III
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/165919#Comment_165919

Nope but i think its beta program for regular updates on ROG 5. You can understand ROG series is a combination of whole eco-system with lots of other accessories which needs more stable compatability. & that requires lot of internal testing before final build. so this may be a move from Asus in order to improve the speed of updates on ROG series with faster testing and bug fixes.

Note :- more the testing is then it is much easier and faster to make device as stable as it can.. 😉

Enjoy your beta testing if you are registered. 😊

View post
LoL you really are funny !

Kaks
Star III
@Gustav_ASUS Still unable to find the options in Advanced settings. Thanks for replying for the first time. I would appreciate if you can tell how to enable extra options for light synchronisation.
screenshot-20210528-170818797.jpg

How to enable Haptic Audio in Rog 5. While playing COD Mobile I tried to turn it on from game genie but it shows use speaker or wired headset. Please help. After I disconnect my Galaxy watch Active 2, Haptic Audio is working fine.
Software version- WW_18.0840.2104.47
screenshot-20210529-164356421.jpg
screenshot-20210529-163732722.jpg

Hey,
When Asus rog 5 65w adapter will be released in india