This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the possibility if i didn't update my windows on vivobook?

System:
Battery or AC:
Model:
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:i just bought mine in October 2020 and always update for windows despite my poor internet connection. But my current update make my hot keys losing some functions especially for keyboard backlight and camera. I installed the ATK and only the keyboard backlight on/off works but the camera still remain the same. Last night, i reset my laptop and all the functions start from zero like new bought. So from this, should i update the windows again and again? Im afraid if i need to reset my laptop again if the same trouble occur.
2 REPLIES 2

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
nuriqmahfarid12
  1. System:
  2. Battery or AC:
  3. Model:
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:i just bought mine in October 2020 and always update for windows despite my poor internet connection. But my current update make my hot keys losing some functions especially for keyboard backlight and camera. I installed the ATK and only the keyboard backlight on/off works but the camera still remain the same. Last night, i reset my laptop and all the functions start from zero like new bought. So from this, should i update the windows again and again? Im afraid if i need to reset my laptop again if the same trouble occur.

try to do a factory reset from the recovery partition, if windows os is pre-installed by Asus.
Sometimes after windows updates, few issues may arise irrespective of branding laptops with different hardware combinations, so in this case, either Asus should release the latest device driver to specific models or Microsoft built-in device drivers will work without issues.
Microsoft recommends to upgrade to windows 10 21h1 latest versions to keep your softwares and files to safeguard from malwares.
my laptop using windows 10 21H1 19043.1023

Falcon_ASUS
nuriqmahfarid12
  1. System:
  2. Battery or AC:
  3. Model:
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

@nuriqmahfarid12
System updates can ensure that the system maintains the best performance.
So if you receive an update notification, we may still recommend that you update and use it.
Thank you.