This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenBook 13 UX325 FN keys not working after sleep - ANYONE?

gabrio81
Rising Star I
System: ZenBook 13 UX325
Battery or AC: both
Model: UX325 / BIOS 308
Frequency of occurrence: ALWAYS
Reset OS: no
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:FN keys do not work when resuming from sleep, this is ALWAYS, every single time.
This happens every single time – while working or even just doing nothing, put pc to sleep,
when resumes the FN keys are NEVER WORKING back, you need to restart and then you get the
functionality back. This is extremely annoying as sometimes light changes and you might want to dim down etc, lower volume and the keys are very handy, sure you can use other menus in Windows10 but that’s not the point.
tested all Intel video drivers from My Asus, and also the standard intel Iris Plus
drivers, nothing solved the issue, Also flashed latest 308 BIOS yesterday and changed the FN setting from bios to “disabled” – nothing changed.
Running now: Graphic_IGCC_DCH_Intel_Z_V27.20.100.9365Sub1_22715 and the one before this from asus downloads as well as the stock intel one >igfx_win10_100.9466.exe, same behavior, FN keys not working after sleep mode anymore.
DOES ANYBODY have the same issue? Asus wants me to send the laptop in for repairs but this is 100% drivers in my opinion.
If you uninstall the video drivers the FN keys do not work anymore obviously, and other people solved this (HP, DELL) by rolling back one release. so obvious.

please let me know
thanks,
18 REPLIES 18

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Gabrio,
I'm afraid that this is a question for the seller.
If you are still in the return or replacement period provided by the seller, please contact them for the options.
Our service center can only help with the examination and repair.
Thank you.

gabrio81
Rising Star I
well appreciate that, but the question is: am i right that the newer 11th gen i7 has the Iris XE instead of the Iris plus that the machine i got has?
thanks

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Gabrio,
The UX325EA is newer than the UX325JA.
Thank you.

gabrio81
Rising Star I
so does that one have the Iris XE or not? i was very impressed by the newer model performance - sorry simple question. does it have the XE or does the UX325EA have the same Iris Plus my UX325JA has?

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Please refer to our official website
Search - Search product page|ASUS GlobalPlease double confirm the model with the seller before you buy.
Thank you.