This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about security updates

TX11559
Rising Star I
Hello, I have Asus rog 3 Tencent version (yes I know)

I wonder to ask how may I update the security updates, this is my phone model and etc, it has the latest (I think) updates from the website.

8 REPLIES 8

ronald1985
Community Legend I
TX11559

Hello, I have Asus rog 3 Tencent version (yes I know)

I wonder to ask how may I update the security updates, this is my phone model and etc, it has the latest (I think) updates from the website.

screenshot-20210526-164838401.jpg

screenshot-20210526-164815711.jpg

Question about security updates
The latest update you see on ASUS website contains the latest firmware with security update for the phone. That's the only way to get the security updates.
With regards to updating, you won't get it through FOTA (you seem to know anyway). Simply download the latest firmware from the ASUS download page and place it in the root directory of internal storage. Your phone should detect it.

TX11559
Rising Star I
Yes, I already did, this is why it's weird, unless something new came this month?

ronald1985
Community Legend I
TX11559

Yes, I already did, this is why it's weird, unless something new came this month?

View post
I don't have a ROG 3, but I would probably think A11 is coming around the corner which is the reason you didn't see a recent update yet and also the ROG series don't get the security updates like Zenfones or other phone manufacturers (not sure about other "gaming" phones).
So yeah, there might be delays in getting the security updates if that's what you are referring to.

TX11559
Rising Star I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/168554#Comment_168554

I don't have a ROG 3, but I would probably think A11 is coming around the corner which is the reason you didn't see a recent update yet and also the ROG series don't get the security updates like Zenfones or other phone manufacturers (not sure about other "gaming" phones).

So yeah, there might be delays in getting the security updates if that's what you are referring to.

View post
Exactly what I mean, very well, thanks.