This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security update

jeetrajat
Star I
I have not received security update since January 2021. My Asus Zenfone 5z says security update expired. When can I expect new updates?
screenshot-20210526-000136230-281-29.jpg
screenshot-20210526-000106288-281-29.jpg

11 REPLIES 11

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
jeetrajat

I have not received security update since January 2021. My Asus Zenfone 5z says security update expired. When can I expect new updates?

screenshot-20210526-000136230-281-29.jpg

screenshot-20210526-000106288-281-29.jpg

Security update
Most probably what i know so far is ASUS have gave up on Zenfone 5z. And we are helpless with outdated security patch. I dont know if we will get any future firmware update with latest security patch. But i strongly wish that Zenfone 5z should recieve its latest security patch which will help to fix qualcom vulanrability issue as well. Just like How they have fixed with there latest model Zenfone 8 series and ROG 5.

fussion_ASUS
Rising Star II
Hi, the latest software for 5Z was released in March with a January security patch. For any software related information stay tuned to Announcement Section/Release notes.

jeetrajat
Star I
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/48574/security-update

Most probably what i know so far is ASUS have gave up on Zenfone 5z. And we are helpless with outdated security patch. I dont know if we will get any future firmware update with latest security patch. But i strongly wish that Zenfone 5z should recieve its latest security patch which will help to fix qualcom vulanrability issue as well. Just like How they have fixed with there latest model Zenfone 8 series and ROG 5.

View post
This feels wrong to abandon a flagship phone like 5z. Asus should count 5z under it's premium line of phones like ROG. It's poor service in the purest form. I hope Asus doesn't become like One Plus in the long run.

varunkumar_in
Star I
fussion_ASUS

Hi, we understand the importance of it. We'd request you to kindly stay tuned to our channels for more information on the updates.

View post
Are you saying we might receive some good news *wink wink *
Hoping to receive at least the latest security patch for my 5z. My office emails literally stopped due to this old security patch.