gianlucarsp
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 7 pro
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: at every use
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Whatsapp 2.21.7.14
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello,
After having installed A11 via OTA, I started noticing a very annoying lag in Whatsapp, mainly when exiting a discussion meanwhile the other person is typing in the same discussion: in details, the transition between a specific discussion and the main feed is very slow (at a very low frame rate) and totally not smooth.
I therefore decided to perform a factory reset and a fresh reinstallation of all the apps, whit the hope to fix it but, unfortunately, as soon as I installed Whatsapp again, the lag immediately popped up again as well.
I also tried to wipe the app cache but no result at all.
Any idea/suggestion? Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?
Thank you in advance

20 REPLIES 20

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
gianlucarsp

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/167206#Comment_167206

Be aware that they will take a long while to analize it and revert. I am still waiting for a reply from dev's side.

View post
Looking at your log, we concluded that this lag will only happen once right after opening an app that hasn't been used for a while. It's part of the power saving feature. If there's any other lag that occurs than the one you sent us, then you need to log this too or we won't be able to know which issue you're experiencing.

gianlucarsp
Star II
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/167210#Comment_167210

Looking at your log, we concluded that this lag will only happen once right after opening an app that hasn't been used for a while. It's part of the power saving feature. If there's any other lag that occurs than the one you sent us, then you need to log this too or we won't be able to know which issue you're experiencing.

View post
Thank you for feedback but now I would like to know how to move forward. Is there anything else I can do to fix this issue or do only I have to wait for a new software release from Asus developers?

leoch_wong
Star II
I don't think it can be because of a power saving issue, because I can recreate it over and over again just by going through this procedure: 1. Use another phone to send me (ZF7pro) a whatsapp message 2. While on the home screen, open the message via the notification (crucial detail), and the specific conversation page opens 3. Swipe right from the left edge to go to the main whatsapp feed, and lag occurs right here like it's slow motion when switching to main feed screen.
I can do this over and over again just by going back to the home screen, sending another message, opening it via notification etc. So it's not the case that whatsapp hasn't been open for some time. Seems like the same issue as others, but you guys can try.
Hope this helps! Thanks!

gianlucarsp
Star II
Is there any update on this topic? I would have expected it to be in the firmware release but there is no evidence in the changelog.
Only for the sake of clarity, the bug still exists also after having updated the mobile phone to the latest firmware release.
Thanks

leoch_wong
Star II
Same on my end. Updated to newest firmware but bug persists.