This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I put my phone on charge, it automatically gets disconnected after 2-3 mins. Any solution?

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 2
Firmware Version: 17.0240.2103.75
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Almost Every time.
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): issue related to device.
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I'm not sure if anyone else is facing this issue, but when I put my phone on charge, it gets disconnected automatically. I then have to remove the plug and put it back to start charging again. But this doesn't work for longer duration.
The samething is happening to the pin on the side as well. So it might not be the problem with the usb port.
Battery draining is pretty normal. So I don't think there is an issue with battery. Might this be a software issue?
I charge my wireless earphone with the asus adapter and the same usb cable, that works pretty fine. So I don't think the issue is with adaptor or usb cable.

Anyone else facing this issue? It is annoying to reconnect the cable every time it's disconnected, because it is very frequent.
I appreciate if anyone has the solution for this. Any suggestions are recommended.
Thank you.
5 REPLIES 5

ronald1985
Community Legend I
deshpathidinesh00

1. Model Name: ROG Phone 2
  2. Firmware Version: 17.0240.2103.75
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Almost Every time.
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): issue related to device.

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

I'm not sure if anyone else is facing this issue, but when I put my phone on charge, it gets disconnected automatically. I then have to remove the plug and put it back to start charging again. But this doesn't work for longer duration.

The samething is happening to the pin on the side as well. So it might not be the problem with the usb port.

Battery draining is pretty normal. So I don't think there is an issue with battery. Might this be a software issue?

I charge my wireless earphone with the asus adapter and the same usb cable, that works pretty fine. So I don't think the issue is with adaptor or usb cable.

Anyone else facing this issue? It is annoying to reconnect the cable every time it's disconnected, because it is very frequent.

I appreciate if anyone has the solution for this. Any suggestions are recommended.

Thank you.

When I put my phone on charge, it automatically gets disconnected after 2-3 mins. Any solution?
Have you tried another charger and cable?
Personally, I haven't faced this issue.

ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/48591/when-i-put-my-phone-on-charge-it-automatically-gets-dis...

Have you tried another charger and cable?

Personally, I haven't faced this issue.

View post
Hi, I actually didn't try any other charger, because I don't think the issue is with charger. Because as I mentioned my wireless earphones are getting charged with no issue.

kikoly
Hall of Fame II
What if the ROG2 fan is connected? Connect the usb-c charging on the fan?

Vamp
Zen Master I
deshpathidinesh00

1. Model Name: ROG Phone 2
  2. Firmware Version: 17.0240.2103.75
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Almost Every time.
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): issue related to device.

Thank you.

I face this issue when I'm using some third party chargers with some adapter for micro usb to type-c conversion (not recommended until it's an emergency).
Try changing the cable (in most cases it's the cable) or try different charger.