Did you mean: 

Abnormal update behavior

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus rog phone 3
Firmware Version: QKQ1.200419.002.WW_Phone - 17.0823.2102.143
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

I received a push notification for an update for 17.0823.2104.147

I've been having a lot of issues with fake updates in the android play store that the update timeline just doesn't make sense. For example an update promoting mothers day is soon approaching several days after mothers day that displayed with a date several days prior to when updates were last checked.

I googled the update number and only found an Indian YouTuber. Nothing official from Asus. I tried to submit a ticket. The ticket page froze on Android chrome and wouldn't scroll so I couldn't submit it. Refreshed and rewrote the ticket. Then tried bing and found the release notes page. However when I click the release notes to update it myself it shows page not found. Now when I try to update manually on the phone by checking for updates it tells me that I'm up to date instead of displaying the update that was already a push notification which further adds to the confusion. When I tried to click the email verification link for the account to make this post it displays:
"Update Fail,Please try again in fews times later. Thank you!。"

Which is weird.

Anyways it would be nice if anything functioned as its supposed to.

Is there an update and if so why doesn't it display anymore when I check for updates? How do I correct this?
3 REPLIES 3

To be aware also rog support downloads doesn't have this update listed.

BPM
Rising Star II
I just checked, and I did get the .147 update.
System updates never go through the Play Store, only through the system settings (Settings ➡️ System ➡️ System Update).
It usually takes a couple of days before updates are available for download through the Asus support site.

I know regarding the play store I was just giving that for general context as it's a known targeted system primarily from government insider threats. Take a look at the state of any number of governments including the US. Not exactly rocket science.

Good to know about the support website. It's pretty confusing if it isn't at the same time and there are dead links about manually updating on the admin post in addition to these types of errors not to mention other things actively occurring.

Help.
screenshot-20210524-144320475-281-29.jpg