Did you mean: 

Dual band WiFi totally broken

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Since the A11 STABLE UPDATE du
10 REPLIES 10

edddd
Rising Star I
The Wifi in itself never worked 100% for me in any of the firmware versions. the ZF 7 Pro ist the only device at my home network which randomly complains there is no internet on one of my dual band access points and fails to pair with my TV for screen cast until I restart the phone. I tried 4 different ZF and they were all the same.
If I enable dual band, then really weird stuff starts happening, I quit trying. Disabling dual band sometimes does not go back to normal and just keeps sitting on 5GHz. Now, I don't know if this issue is new in A11, but for me it's new.

topolov
Rising Star II
edddd

The Wifi in itself never worked 100% for me in any of the firmware versions. the ZF 7 Pro ist the only device at my home network which randomly complains there is no internet on one of my dual band access points and fails to pair with my TV for screen cast until I restart the phone. I tried 4 different ZF and they were all the same.

If I enable dual band, then really weird stuff starts happening, I quit trying. Disabling dual band sometimes does not go back to normal and just keeps sitting on 5GHz. Now, I don't know if this issue is new in A11, but for me it's new.

View post
Did you try to disable random MAC for you home WiFi, register your ZF at your router and provide dedicated IP for it?

Roystoys
Zen Master III
edddd

View post
I know what you mean, I remembered why I stopped using as soon as I stated again.
For me it's hard to get both bands to connect simultaneously at the best of times then when both are connected the phone is either really fast or just seems to get confused and won't load a page at all. I used to put it down to the fact that the router users express VPN,s DNS server but I don't know. I think I'll just turn it off again

Roystoys
Zen Master III
topolov

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/168215#Comment_168215

Did you try to disable random MAC for you home WiFi, register your ZF at your router and provide dedicated IP for it?

View post
No I haven't and to tell the truth I need to Google how to actually set a dedicated IP for my phone but I will play with that and see what I can do. Thanks topolov

topolov
Rising Star II
Roystoys

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/168219#Comment_168219

No I haven't and to tell the truth I need to Google how to actually set a dedicated IP for my phone but I will play with that and see what I can do. Thanks topolov

View post
You are welcome.
This may look stupid, because such "smart" devices should work automatically, but sometimes it really helps. I have one office with old Zyxel Keenetic Giga router and only these steps (disable random macs and setup dedicated IPs for client devices) allow users to have stable connection.