Star I
System: Windows 10, 64
Battery or AC: AC
Model: UX535LI
Frequency of occurrence: Chronic
Reset OS: for a touchpad
Screenshot or video:
========================
This touchpad is a wreck, I looked in Device manager/Human Interface Devices and all the drivers are from MS. MS uses some of the worst drivers around especially when it comes to touchpads so I upgraded the HID-compliant touch pad from MS to the ASUS_Touchpad_Precision TouchPad_DCH that I loaded from the ASUS driver page for my model. I did the, have disk option and pointed to ASUS_Touchpad_Precision TouchPad_DCH/touchpad/x64/AsusPTPFilter.inf file. It loaded then restarted came back up with the cursor but the touch pad didn't work, had to roll back. Asus drivers are usually way better than MS drivers are so the only thing I can think of is that there's a conflict between the ASUS driver and all the other MS crap in there. Any one have some ideals, suggestions,
T
19 REPLIES 19

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Robert,
The touchpad driver from our website is an exe file, you are able to run and install in directly.
ZenBook Pro 15 UX535|Laptops For Home|ASUS GlobalCan you try it again?
Also, not under Human Interface device, but under system devices, are you able to find the touchpad driver from ASUS?
Thank you.

throbert
Star I
not in system devices, the PrecisionTouchPad_DCH_ASUS_Z_V11.0.0.34_18198.exe asks where to install it. The first driver I loaded from ASUS wanted to create a drivers folder in my C partition and all the others default to that destination, the ASUS driver files for this laptop have been that way and then copy the install command from the drivers InstallStep.txt file into powershell I think there were a couple that installed normally ounce they were extracted into the drivers folder driver install files normally just install and know where to go and what to do weather you have to extract them first or not.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
see above video, how to install touchpad driver

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Robert,
Can you read the FAQ I provided in the previous post, and try the way that you update the driver by device manager instead of installing it yourself?
And did you reboot the device after installation?
Thank you.

throbert
Star I
RAJU,
Pasting the path in does the same as pointing to the .inf file and neither work the driver changes out from MS to ASUS tek but the touchpad quits.