This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenBook 13 UX325 FN keys not working after sleep - ANYONE?

gabrio81
Rising Star I
System: ZenBook 13 UX325
Battery or AC: both
Model: UX325 / BIOS 308
Frequency of occurrence: ALWAYS
Reset OS: no
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:FN keys do not work when resuming from sleep, this is ALWAYS, every single time.
This happens every single time – while working or even just doing nothing, put pc to sleep,
when resumes the FN keys are NEVER WORKING back, you need to restart and then you get the
functionality back. This is extremely annoying as sometimes light changes and you might want to dim down etc, lower volume and the keys are very handy, sure you can use other menus in Windows10 but that’s not the point.
tested all Intel video drivers from My Asus, and also the standard intel Iris Plus
drivers, nothing solved the issue, Also flashed latest 308 BIOS yesterday and changed the FN setting from bios to “disabled” – nothing changed.
Running now: Graphic_IGCC_DCH_Intel_Z_V27.20.100.9365Sub1_22715 and the one before this from asus downloads as well as the stock intel one >igfx_win10_100.9466.exe, same behavior, FN keys not working after sleep mode anymore.
DOES ANYBODY have the same issue? Asus wants me to send the laptop in for repairs but this is 100% drivers in my opinion.
If you uninstall the video drivers the FN keys do not work anymore obviously, and other people solved this (HP, DELL) by rolling back one release. so obvious.

please let me know
thanks,
18 REPLIES 18

gabrio81
Rising Star I
Tech support just told me: We checked again with our head office and also they advise you to apply for ASUS RMA so we can check this further. 😞

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Gabrio,
I don't think the graphic driver is related to this issue...
Another thing is to enter BIOS and load default setting again.
And when the issue happen, may you check in device manager to see if there is any error message?
or in Windows event viewer?
Thank you.

gabrio81
Rising Star I
hi - well then it's a bigger issue, i got tired of troubleshooting this on a brand new laptop, when such a basic feature should work out of the box.
I sent the laptop at the repair center, let's see if they have to swap everything motherboard, CPU, RAM, etc like they did for the other memeber or maybe they give me a brand new Zenbook.
To answer your question
There's no specific error in event viewer, there's the usual hangs and stuff from windows (now i cannot check anyway since i sent the laptop yesterday morning), there was one error code from Intel audio but i checked with intel and they said that's normal if you have HDMI connected.
BIOS have been flashed to latest twice, then loaded defaults, i have done all that, i work wth PCs over 10 years so i know basic troubleshooting stuff, etc - sorry but this is just annoying and a problem with the laptop. I almost regret having ordered this fancy Zenbook, i should have taken a Vivobook, bigger, uglier but better performance, more resistance to high temps, and not much of this.
Nothing weird in Device Manager either, all normal
Not your fault and sorry if it comes across harsh but i am quite annoyed by this.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Gabrio,
Thank you for the update.
Let me know if you need any other help.

gabrio81
Rising Star I
actually, one question, i just realised that there's a newer model than the one i have now, for some reason i bought the 10th gen Intel i7 just a month ago and didn't notice that there's also a newer version with the 11th gen actually 100€ cheaper which sucks.
While i am waiting to hear the repair center, if i then swap for the gen 11th, that one has the more powerful Iris Xe, right?
The one i have now has the Intel Iris Plus on.
thanks,
Gab