System:
Battery or AC:
Model:
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Hi, I have an ASUS Zenbook UX433FA laptop and recently purchased a 2nd external monitor that I would like to connect to the laptop. I am using the HDMI port for one of the monitors and tried to use the USB-C port to connect the second monitor (using USB-C to HDMI convertor) but this does not work.
Can you please advise me on how I can connect my second monitor?
9 REPLIES 9

@MotoWiZ Thank you so much for all the help. I will go find a similar dock and hopefully that will work. I've been disappointed that the ASUS Zenbook 14 UX433FA, although it is such a good configuration laptop, hasn't got a simple method to connect multiple monitors.
Thanks again for your help.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Divya,
The Type C port of your model does not support display export.
It would require an external graphic card to get what you need, but we can not guarantee the performance.
Thank you.

@Blake_ASUS Thank you for your comment. I had found similar suggestions from ASUS on replies to other people who had asked similar questions on this forum.
Please allow me to point out that while it is good to know that the USB-C port doesnt support display export, what would be more helpful was if ASUS directed people who had an issue similar to mine to a product that they can recommend. Or even a clear explanation of exactly what people should look for when such an issue occurs.
It sure would have saved me a lot of time and effort and would have made me more likely to recommend ASUS to other people.

For anyone else facing this issue and looking through this thread, I bought the below product and it worked okay :
Startech USB 3.0 to HDMI Adapter - 1080p (1900x1200) - Slim/Compact USB Type-A to HDMI Display Adapter Converter for Monitor - External Video & Graphics Card - Black - Windows Only

I cant answer to the performance impact it has, I have not analysed that, but it worked for getting the external monitor working and for basic purposes. Good luck!

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Divya,
Thank you for your suggestion.