This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery capacity

Roystoys
Zen Master III
I use an app , accubattery,, and normally I wouldn't put much into the results eg when I charge my battery to 100% from say 15% and check what the app says about the health of my battery it says 92% or there abouts it has done this from the word go . Ok it's just an app and probably not very accurate but I recently purchased my wife a Nokia g 10 and when I check the battery with the same app it says 101% ( it has a 5050 mAh Battery capacity) but the app says it's capacity or at least the amount of charge I just put into it is 5118 mAh.
My zenfone 7 has a 5000 mAh Battery and when I check the app after charging to 100% it says it's capacity is roughly 4600 mAh or 92% . I purchased it as soon as it hit the market, the box was sealed so no one could have used or tampered with it .
Is it in fact correct and is the batteries capacity less than the advertised 5000 mAh ?
I am curious what other people think???
26 REPLIES 26

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Roystoys

I use an app , accubattery,, and normally I wouldn't put much into the results eg when I charge my battery to 100% from say 15% and check what the app says about the health of my battery it says 92% or there abouts it has done this from the word go . Ok it's just an app and probably not very accurate but I recently purchased my wife a Nokia g 10 and when I check the battery with the same app it says 101% ( it has a 5050 mAh Battery capacity) but the app says it's capacity or at least the amount of charge I just put into it is 5118 mAh.

My zenfone 7 has a 5000 mAh Battery and when I check the app after charging to 100% it says it's capacity is roughly 4600 mAh or 92% . I purchased it as soon as it hit the market, the box was sealed so no one could have used or tampered with it .

Is it in fact correct and is the batteries capacity less than the advertised 5000 mAh ?

I am curious what other people think???

Battery capacity
This is because you bought your Nokia X20 recently and its new, while you are using your Zenfone 7 since 5 months now. Use your nokia X20 for 5 months and you will notice that there is not any diffrence in accubattery calculations you will just see 1% more health i. E. 93% with Nokia X20 depending upon its capacity while comparing zenfone 7 what it shows now (92%). So this is Normal. And also battery degradation depends on you daily usage pattern

Roystoys
Zen Master III
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/48429/battery-capacity

This is because you bought your Nokia X20 recently and its new, while you are using your Zenfone 7 since 5 months now. Use your nokia X20 for 5 months and you will notice that there is not any diffrence in accubattery calculations you will just see 1% more health i. E. 93% with Nokia X20 depending upon its capacity while comparing zenfone 7 what it shows now (92%). Do this is Normal.

View post
No day dot means from the day I purchased the phone I am not an idiot.
I have had the accubattery app for years and installed it the day I set my zenfone 7 up and the results are as posted so please give me a break

CVonC
Rising Star II
I've been using AccuBattery since day dot in October. I can't remember the health percentage since new but it was never 100%. It's now at 86%. The highest capacity (green dot) recorded was around 4900mAH. I rarely charge to 100% only 80%. And I try to charge from 40% but lately I've been letting it drop down as I don't leave it charging while I sleep anymore even with the scheduled charging.

Roystoys
Zen Master III
CVonC

I've been using AccuBattery since day dot in October. I can't remember the health percentage since new but it was never 100%. It's now at 86%. The highest capacity (green dot) recorded was around 4900mAH. I rarely charge to 100% only 80%. And I try to charge from 40% but lately I've been letting it drop down as I don't leave it charging while I sleep anymore even with the scheduled charging.

View post
Well your doing better than my phone,my best ( highest green dot ) is only 4600 but usually just under 4600 mAh.
I never put much into it until I got the new Nokia for my wife and the app says it has more capicty than Nokia stats which I believe are correct because her battery seems to last forever . 4 days from one charge on a 5050 mAh Battery Long. I hate charging my phones so naturally I am envious. It's a pity Nokia don't make such high end phones or I would swap in a heartbeat . They are great phones but just not quick enough