cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[5z] Double Tap To Wake Up

Manthan_Bhavsar
Star III
Look at this !
This is the proof that double tap to wake up gesture is broken after updating to latest OTA .123
There isn't any third-party apps which trigger this issue/bug.
After Turning off-on, It works perfectly as you can see in the video.
Hope You can now understand and do needful into this as it is not convenient or practical for the users who use is.
And it is not any hardware fault because it is being faced by many users right now.
Thank you.
@Christine_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @Anders
25 REPLIES 25

rajatt1557
Rising Star I
sidarya31

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/167697#Comment_167697

If u have restarted ur device recently after clearing cache, it will work, but after sometime same problem. By the way how u cleared cache?

View post
Go to apps and search system ui app. Then clear cache.

Debasish_Sahoo
Zen Master I
Double tap to wake is not working perfectly and this bug which comes with .123 firmware.
And I have told this thing in multiple threads but there is no response from Asus sadly.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
manthanbhavsar8261@gmail.com

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/C7JFWYMWFR40/vid20210520141834.mp4

Look at this !

This is the proof that double tap to wake up gesture is broken after updating to latest OTA .123

There isn't any third-party apps which trigger this issue/bug.

After Turning off-on, It works perfectly as you can see in the video.

Hope You can now understand and do needful into this as it is not convenient or practical for the users who use is.

And it is not any hardware fault because it is being faced by many users right now.

Thank you.

@Christine_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @Anders

[5z] Double Tap To Wake Up
After the.123 update my double tap was misbehaving several 2-3 times u can say. And from there, After that i am not seeing this misbehaves. I dont know how it got automatically fixed. But i am afraid & not sure when will i face this bug again. I have asked this to look into i hope moderators will take a look at this thread. If users who are seeing this bug agree & able to share logs of there device showing this problem. Then hopefully devs will solve it. Hopefully moderator will soon be commenting from now.please follow the steps he will ask you.
Thanks!

Manthan_Bhavsar
Star III
fussion_ASUS

Hi, we'd request you follow the below steps:

1. Double Tap issue Clear cache & storage of UI.

3. Check if nothing is blocking proximity sensor 

4. Also Check under safe mode for Double Tap issue

Hold the power button for 5 seconds => When the screen flashes with option => Press & hold power option => You will get an option to restart in safe mode 

# How to enter and exit "Safe Mode"

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1005163/

View post
Cleared System Cache mutliple times.
Since purchase i havent even changed tempered glass of the screen so definitely it is not causing any problem for proximity sensor.
After rebooting or power off, it works perfectly even if you turn it off and on from settings, it works.
But it happens after somtime. What's about it ???
Cant you fix it ???
Do have to manually turn it off and on everytime to make this work ???
Is this your solution ???

rajatt1557
Rising Star I
Clearing system ui application cache worked for me. No issues after that.