shivamkishore
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG PHONE 3
Firmware Version:17.0823.2102.143
Rooted or not: NO
Frequency of Occurrence: ALWAYS
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): NO
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
At max volume crackling sound appears at the bottom speaker. I am using the phone for quite some time the issue was not there. Now I am facing the issue for quite some time. Furthermore I have run the SMMI TEST the issue is barely noticeable but in safe mode the issue persist. Regardless of the fact I have no idea whether it's a bug or faulty speaker.
As I am using rog devices, the devices are great whether it's laptop or any other peripherals but these kind of issues that too out of phone make the overall experience bad.

PS: I have attached the audio.

12 REPLIES 12

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi shivam,
I think most of the points are covered by Amit.
Capturing the same.
If the speaker has any issues, try clearing the grills gently. SMMI test which you have already tried, Factory reset and wait for 1 FOTA else visit service center.
Kindly visit the nearest service center:
https://www.asus.com/in/support/service-center/india
Android 11 is almost in final stages and should arrive anytime.

shivamkishore
Star II
ARP_ASUS

Hi shivam,

I think most of the points are covered by Amit.

Capturing the same.

1. If the speaker has any issues, try clearing the grills gently. SMMI test which you have already tried, Factory reset and wait for 1 FOTA else visit service center.

Kindly visit the nearest service center:

https://www.asus.com/in/support/service-center/india

Android 11 is almost in final stages and should arrive anytime.

View post
Thanks for the info. I am going to wait for the FOTA if it doesn't fix the issue I will visit the service center. One question though: Any idea regarding clearing the grills(gently of course)🙂

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
shivamkishore

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/167822#Comment_167822

Thanks for the info. I am going to wait for the FOTA if it doesn't fix the issue I will visit the service center. One question though: Any idea regarding clearing the grills(gently of course)🙂

View post
You can do it yourself, Just Use tooth pitth... Or pin & Clear those speaker grills gently and slowly.( please dont pressure that tooth pith or pin during cleaning) just by inserting it in the speaker holes. Last month i did this procedure for my Zenfone 5z. And i am noticing a big diffrence. Now my speaker sounds just like day 1. Crisp & clear. There are also youtube videos to help doing some research should definetly help you 😉.
Thanks!