feljo
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 7
Firmware version: WW_30.41.69.51
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Can we expect the Android 12 Beta program for Zenfone 7? Noticed Zenfone 8 got it today so wanted to check if we can also expect and apply for it soon.
11 REPLIES 11

Roystoys
Zen Master III
feljo

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/167514#Comment_167514

I don't think so man. Personally, I have 0 issues with this update so I don't think it's fair to say that the update is full of issues. I think the issues might be specific to some phones and some specific installed app(s). We got the last firmware update less than a month ago so it's too early to expect another one, but the word was that we will get more frequent updates after A11 release. We'll just have to wait and see. Better to release a fleshed out update than a broken one. Regarding A12 Beta, I'm curious to know when we can expect the start of beta testing (if there is a plan for beta testing).

View post
Try and set a reminder from your calendar app and see if you still have 0 bugs. I am not trying to be clever I , and I'm sure a lot of others, would like to know if this bug is phone by phone and not an OS or Google issue so we would really appreciate your response

feljo
Star III
fear_dot_com_2000

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/167700#Comment_167700

I am really curios, do you use gmail on your phone, or google calendar? Do you receive notifications? I am using google and I am expecting at least 10 mails per day and I have at least one calendar notification per day. If I turn on all battery optimization I am getting emails once per 2 days instead of around 15 minutes( I am receiving all emails once per day for around 2 days ...) Which is unacceptable. Calendar notifications 0. Weather updates 0 unless I open the app. Google news 0 unless I open the app. Mostly I get 0 notifications unless I open the app that was supposed to send me notifications.... So this makes notifications push worthless on a 700 euro phone ...

I have a smartphone just to talk and even that with no VOLTE so why did I pay 700 euro? To go in each app and see if I have a message or not?

View post
Yes, I use everything. Calendar, Gmail, Weather, etc. and notifications work fine for everything. No problems since A11 update. That's why I'm saying that the issue must be specific.

fear_dot_com_20
Rising Star II
I simply cannot believe it. Since apparently calendar issue is a google issue and has not been fixed... And for the others I don't know how it could be specific to me... same hardware same software....what could be specific?

feljo
Star III
Hm really don't know. I tested it throught the day by setting a few reminders and observing other notifications as well and everything was running as it should. All notifications arrived.

Roystoys
Zen Master III
feljo

Hm really don't know. I tested it throught the day by setting a few reminders and observing other notifications as well and everything was running as it should. All notifications arrived.

View post
Ok interesting just to be sure we are taking about the same issue,,tasks, goals and events in the calendar app work properly it's just,, REMINDERS,, that don't seem to work eg notify you by sound or visually.
The only way we,as in the bulk of ZenFone 7 users, can get a notification for a reminder that you set is by uninstalling updates on the Google calendar app. That is manually set , apparently it works if you talk to your phone,eg the Google assistant, but not if you type a reminder in
How are you doing it ? It's been suggested that it's a Google bug that is specific to the ZenFone 7 but I am not 100% convinced of that yet . Keep your test results coming In it really helps everyone on the forum