Battery at 100% still showing 'charging' in Battery Usage

ramneek2110
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 5z (Asus 5z)
Firmware Version: Latest January 2021 patch
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Everytime
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Settings and Battery usage
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
screenshot-20210521-141716123.jpg
As you can see from the screenshot attached, the phone is charged and yet it's showing 'charging' in this Battery usage. Is this the really cause of battery drains hell fast from 100% to 95% in just mere 2-4 minutes?
Whatever the case maybe. The Battery is also isn't impressive since the recent updates where 'Android system' for some reason is always the most consuming Battery (as seen in battery usage) and above that is all the apps and services.

2 REPLIES 2

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
ramneek2110

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Zenfone 5z (Asus 5z)
  2. Firmware Version: Latest January 2021 patch
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Everytime
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Settings and Battery usage

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

screenshot-20210521-141716123.jpg

As you can see from the screenshot attached, the phone is charged and yet it's showing 'charging' in this Battery usage. Is this the really cause of battery drains hell fast from 100% to 95% in just mere 2-4 minutes?

Whatever the case maybe. The Battery is also isn't impressive since the recent updates where 'Android system' for some reason is always the most consuming Battery (as seen in battery usage) and above that is all the apps and services.

Battery at 100% still showing 'charging' in Battery Usage
I have discussed this earlier many times but unfortunatly this will not be fixed. They said that it is just sync issue and nothing else, battery drain has nothing to do with this sync issue. And also want to inform you that active support for 5z is ended now.
There are still some issues i am discussing but not sure if they will address.
With latest firmware i see that battery is well optimised and improved for me version. 123. Take a look👇
screenshot-20210417-122028516.jpg
I hope atleast they give a last update for Zenfone 5z and address all bugs with latest security patch (security patch came with 123 version is too old i. E. January's security patch.) common Zenfone 5z is a great flagship device but i am not satisfied with its end.

fussion_ASUS
Rising Star II
Hi, it looks like a minor sync issue in the UI, we have also made a note of the feedback and will share it with the relevant team.