This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gboard settings keep getting reset after some time

Zinurist
Star II
Hi, after a few hours my Gboard settings are reset to the defaults. I have no idea what's causing this. Since I didn't find any others online with that problem, I thought it has to be unique to the zenfone.

Any idea what could cause this? It's really annoying, I basically have to reconfigure Gboard every time I pick up my phone.
12 REPLIES 12

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Zinurist

Hi, after a few hours my Gboard settings are reset to the defaults. I have no idea what's causing this. Since I didn't find any others online with that problem, I thought it has to be unique to the zenfone.

Any idea what could cause this? It's really annoying, I basically have to reconfigure Gboard every time I pick up my phone.

Gboard settings keep getting reset after some time
Can you try to clear cache & storage of Asus Zenui launcher and Gboard and check again?
Steps to clear cache and storage of both 👇
Settings> Apps & notifications >Gboard/Asus launcher> storage > clear cache/Clear storage/force stop> now use for sometime & see the behaviour.
Also you can try to reset permissions of those apps and check again.
Thanks!

Zinurist
Star II
Ok, I tried it, after about an hour of not using the phone it was reset again. But something I just noticed, when I unlocked my phone I got a permission popup of Gboard asking for access to my contacts (which I allowed), might be relevant? The popup was just there after unlocking without me doing anything.

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi
Do you have any twinned app enabled ? (TwinApp)

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Zinurist

Ok, I tried it, after about an hour of not using the phone it was reset again. But something I just noticed, when I unlocked my phone I got a permission popup of Gboard asking for access to my contacts (which I allowed), might be relevant? The popup was just there after unlocking without me doing anything.

View post
If you have reset the permission of Gboard/any app then it should definetly ask you for all the permissions again.