cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New firmware update from 20th of May - non supported google payment methods

8ithaqua8
Star II
Hello guys,
This thread is a question to support and on the other side to warn everyone from installing the new firmware on the Zenfone 8. Once installed the google pay is no longer supported for NFC payment.
Dear support - can you provide me information when you expect to have that certified?
Is there a way to roll back to the previous version as I use the phone as my mainly payment method very often?
Best regards,
Rafał
20 REPLIES 20

8ithaqua8
Star II
Still nothing. Google store still non certified. Is there any way to roll back? It is honestly huge inconvenience, + along with call quality issues, Bluetooth problems in my car I feel like back in 2013 with the latest "flagship"...

8ithaqua8
Star II
account.asus.com

Experiencing the same issue today.

Play protect certification came back few hours ago, but gpay still refuses to work, any ideas?

View post
Did you get that back to work? I also received the certification back, but google pay is still saying that the payment card method is not cofigured

No, still not working. Also tried deleting and adding card, clearing cache and multiple reboots.

CH_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/167723#Comment_167723

Please sit tight and wait until tomorrow! Sorry for the inconvenience.

View post
Are you sure, that waiting is correct approach? Certification is back, but payments still not working.
Any ideas for downgrading? Will method from here work? asus.com/Content/Android-12-Beta

howis
Star I
I have the same situation, "but google pay is still saying that the payment card method is not cofigured", but i can pay with GPAY - try to pay

8ithaqua8
Star II
I confirm the same at my side right now, payment method is non-configured but works on field.