Star I
System: Windows 10, 64
Battery or AC: AC
Model: UX535LI
Frequency of occurrence: Chronic
Reset OS: for a touchpad
Screenshot or video:
========================
This touchpad is a wreck, I looked in Device manager/Human Interface Devices and all the drivers are from MS. MS uses some of the worst drivers around especially when it comes to touchpads so I upgraded the HID-compliant touch pad from MS to the ASUS_Touchpad_Precision TouchPad_DCH that I loaded from the ASUS driver page for my model. I did the, have disk option and pointed to ASUS_Touchpad_Precision TouchPad_DCH/touchpad/x64/AsusPTPFilter.inf file. It loaded then restarted came back up with the cursor but the touch pad didn't work, had to roll back. Asus drivers are usually way better than MS drivers are so the only thing I can think of is that there's a conflict between the ASUS driver and all the other MS crap in there. Any one have some ideals, suggestions,
T
19 REPLIES 19

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Robert,
May you help to uninstall all the touchpad driver from device manager, then check if your BIOS and asus system control inter face driver are up to date.
Then install the touchapd driver from our website?
ZenBook Pro 15 UX535|Laptops For Home|ASUS GlobalThank you.

throbert
Star I
Udated BIOS to 306 a few days ago didn't help any thing. Should I uninstall all the drivers in Human Interface devices or just the touchpad driver. Alot of those .drivers should be ASUS drivers but the driver provider says ms for all of them. Also alot of the drivers are not installing using the command from the InstallStep.txt file in powershell. I don't think I was able to get the asus system control inter face driver installed as well the only .exe file just in the top leve in the folder doesn't do any thing. I'll try and load it again from the asus driver page but don't really want to mess with the drivers until the Logitech Trackman M575 I ordered gets in in a couple of days.
Thanks for your help,
T

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Robert,
Uninstall the touchpad driver would be enough.
What do you mean by "but the driver provider says ms for all of them"? can you share a screenshot with me?
And for installing driver....please use the Install.bat file or install.exe file....txt means text/word file,
it's the instruction for installing.
You can refer to below FAQ
How to install Windows 10 driver when you can't find [setup.exe] or [install.exe] ? | Official Suppo...Thank you.

throbert
Star I
So my Logitech Trackman trackball mouse is here and it's like night and day compared to the crappy touchpad, way more responsive, way more resolution, alot faster it's like I traded a turd for a piece of gold.
I've said this before, when I load the mouse driver using powershell it loads but does not show up in device manager weather I uninstall the driver before hand or not. The only way I can get the ASUS driver to install is through upgrade driver use the have disk option and point to the only .inf file in the ASUS touchpad driver folder and after the install the touchpad doesn't work after restart.
driver-provider.jpg