feljo
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 7
Firmware version: WW_30.41.69.51
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Can we expect the Android 12 Beta program for Zenfone 7? Noticed Zenfone 8 got it today so wanted to check if we can also expect and apply for it soon.
11 REPLIES 11

CVonC
Rising Star II
I'm worried they're going to abandon our phone to be honest. The Zenfone 8 has gotten a few A11 updates straight after release already and we're still stuck with an issue-ridden A11 that hasn't been updated in a few weeks despite all the reports of the bugs. Not really surprising, but disappointing, that they're seemingly putting more of their resources to the new phone.

fear_dot_com_20
Rising Star II
Not sure what to say... Zenfone 8 flip is a rebranded zenfone 7 with updated SOC... So they did not had much to work on that, beside the drivers.... So only zenfone 8 is a new phone ...

feljo
Star III
CVonC

I'm worried they're going to abandon our phone to be honest. The Zenfone 8 has gotten a few A11 updates straight after release already and we're still stuck with an issue-ridden A11 that hasn't been updated in a few weeks despite all the reports of the bugs. Not really surprising, but disappointing, that they're seemingly putting more of their resources to the new phone.

View post
I don't think so man. Personally, I have 0 issues with this update so I don't think it's fair to say that the update is full of issues. I think the issues might be specific to some phones and some specific installed app(s). We got the last firmware update less than a month ago so it's too early to expect another one, but the word was that we will get more frequent updates after A11 release. We'll just have to wait and see. Better to release a fleshed out update than a broken one. Regarding A12 Beta, I'm curious to know when we can expect the start of beta testing (if there is a plan for beta testing).

fear_dot_com_20
Rising Star II
feljo

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/167514#Comment_167514

I don't think so man. Personally, I have 0 issues with this update so I don't think it's fair to say that the update is full of issues. I think the issues might be specific to some phones and some specific installed app(s). We got the last firmware update less than a month ago so it's too early to expect another one, but the word was that we will get more frequent updates after A11 release. We'll just have to wait and see. Better to release a fleshed out update than a broken one. Regarding A12 Beta, I'm curious to know when we can expect the start of beta testing (if there is a plan for beta testing).

View post
I am really curios, do you use gmail on your phone, or google calendar? Do you receive notifications? I am using google and I am expecting at least 10 mails per day and I have at least one calendar notification per day. If I turn on all battery optimization I am getting emails once per 2 days instead of around 15 minutes( I am receiving all emails once per day for around 2 days ...) Which is unacceptable. Calendar notifications 0. Weather updates 0 unless I open the app. Google news 0 unless I open the app. Mostly I get 0 notifications unless I open the app that was supposed to send me notifications.... So this makes notifications push worthless on a 700 euro phone ...
I have a smartphone just to talk and even that with no VOLTE so why did I pay 700 euro? To go in each app and see if I have a message or not?