fear_dot_com_20
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
After updating to A11 I started to see major issues with the battery optimizations, mostly on Gmail app, but once I started to investigate I see it overall. Email notification come with hours , if not tens of hours delay , which was not the case on A10. I noticed that even whether app is not updating in timely fashion.
It looks like phone goes to hibernate and not resumes for notification only once in a couple of hours if not more. Strangely but whatsapp is working fine. I have disabled all battery optimizations and I saw some improvements but not that good as in A10. Yesterday for instance, I lost a couple of important emails since they Gmail App only synchronized once in 10 hours....which is unacceptable.
Factory reset does not help since I have done it at least 7 times due to various issues since A11 update a week ago...

Please help!!!! I don't know what else to look for!
130 REPLIES 130

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
I'm still waiting for a response regarding gmail and I asked Stematique for a log tool.
@Roystoys I received a reply regarding google calendar and the issue should be solved by Google as the main issue lays in their code. So even if the issue only shows in ZF6 and ZF7, the solution should be made from Googles side and not ours.
Our short term solution for you is to use the Google Assistant to set your reminders. You do this by saying something like "hey google, please send a reminder to buy more milk" The assistant will ask when and you can then reply "10:30pm" or "in one hour"
We hope Google will be able to solve this bug as soon as possible

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Anders_ASUS

I'm still waiting for a response regarding gmail and I asked Stematique for a log tool.

@Roystoys I received a reply regarding google calendar and the issue should be solved by Google as the main issue lays in their code. So even if the issue only shows in ZF6 and ZF7, the solution should be made from Googles side and not ours.

Our short term solution for you is to use the Google Assistant to set your reminders. You do this by saying something like "hey google, please send a reminder to buy more milk" The assistant will ask when and you can then reply "10:30pm" or "in one hour"

We hope Google will be able to solve this bug as soon as possible

View post
Ok I'm not surprised I thought it might be a Google bug or uninstalling updates wouldn't fix the problem but it does.
Now we just need Google to acknowledge the bug and maybe they will do something about it.
So by what your saying this is strictly a Z7 bug ,so the zenfone 8 doesn't have this issue or does it ?

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Roystoys

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/167649#Comment_167649

Ok I'm not surprised I thought it might be a Google bug or uninstalling updates wouldn't fix the problem but it does.

Now we just need Google to acknowledge the bug and maybe they will do something about it.

So by what your saying this is strictly a Z7 bug ,so the zenfone 8 doesn't have this issue or does it ?

View post
Zenfone 8 does not have this issue. At least not on my device. The only two of my devices (and I have all ASUS Phones) that do not get any reminders from Google calendar are ZenFone 6 and ZenFone 7.

fear_dot_com_20
Rising Star II
So my question would be why for zf6 and 7 is not working and for others it is... If it was a google bug shouldn't it happen for all? Since A11 base code should be the same for all OEMs and more than this A11 for Zf7 should have quite the same A11 code base as zf8. If it is not the case then this is the issue... I don't get it what could google fix for 2 devices they don't own, since for same A11 on most devices it works ..

fear_dot_com_20
Rising Star II
So to be honest I really think Asus did not implement something for A11 ZF6 and 7 and that's why we see soo many issues....and if you say that for zf8 it works this make me really think this is the case...
Where asus developers in contact with google developers for this? Does google know that they need to fix something in their apps for 2 Asus devices?
If I had an app and you would tell me that it is not working for 2 devices , but for another 1000 with the same OS I would say you did not do something good...
Your answer @Anders_ASUS raises more questions than answers...