Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback

Tob
Star III
Here's some initial feedback after owning the device for a couple of hours:

Fingerprint reader still needs more work
Always on display is a bit too dark (would also like more clock options)
Icons on Always on display are too small (especially battery life indicator)
The front camera is an absolute mess, despite the great hardware. Pretty much everything about it is awful, including colors, skin-smoothing (despite turning that setting off). My Pixel 4a whose got much worst hardware does a much better job with selfies.
The main cameras are pretty ok, nothing special tho.
I'm also on the latest firmware (30.11.51.41) in case you're wondering.
13 REPLIES 13

Tob
Star III
I'm also having a bit difficulty getting access to "hamburger menu/side menu", compared to my pixel were the gesture works almost any time. On the Zenfone 8 it usually regristres as a back gesture instead as a side swipe.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Tob

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/167545#Comment_167545

Hmm I see, I'm not that into camera tech so i'm not sure how to describe it in technical terms, I just wastly prefer how the result of the pixel software, even when the actual hardware is extremely dated like on the Pixel 4a.

It's the same with the main camera, there's just so much more detail when using my 4a, despite the +5 year old camera tech.

asus-wood-grain-png.png

pixel-wood-grains-png.png

I'm not using any protective glas or film atm, but in all honestly the fingerprint reader is pretty fine, my biggest complaints are with the camera software, but I understand that it's really hard for smaller companies to compete with the likes of Google/Apple/Samsung.

I also remember a feature on an old Zenfone that I loved, when there was a new notification and the screen was off, then instead of waking up the entire screen it just showed the notification with a dark background. I wish you brought that back, it's so much easier to see the notification (I also beilive the actual text/icons became larger compared to normal use).

View post
Try Gcam 8.1 by Wichaya (he primarily works on Zenfones and optimises Gcam for Asus phones)
Wichaya: GCam_8.1.101_Wichaya_V1.0.apk(The first apk)
screenshot-20210520-130212626-281-29.jpg

And that feature you're talking about I think you're referring to ambient display
screenshot-20210520-130513485-281-29.jpg
This shows notification like that on a dark screen (I'm on zen ui 6 btw on an older zenfone)
It's in display section in settings

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Admin

【Version】

【Model Name】

ZenFone 8 (ZS590KS)

【Release Date】

2021/05/20

Since the server pushes update notice to different serial numbers by batches, it may take some days for you to receive the FOTA notice. Thanks for your patience. You may tap “System updates” in [Settings] >[System] to check if there is new firmware available. Or, you can also try to manually update firmware by referring to the following link.

How to update firmware on my phone?

【Release Note】

1. Improved camera quality
  2. Enabled VoLTE on Vodafone (Spain)
  3. Fixed issue where ultra durable notification could not be removed 
  4. Improved system stability
  5. Fixed thumbnails issue in 3rd party camera

[210514]ZenFone 8_WW_30.11.51.44
New ota is out by the way .44
It mentions "improved camera quality"
See if there are any improvements 🙂

Roystoys