cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE and Wifi Calling on Zenfone 8

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
Hi all,
Does anyone know if we can expect enabling VoLTE and Wifi Calling in european networks? I can only see in settings that icons for these options are available to enable at notification bar:
screenshot-20210518-120433796.png

Also as call quality is quite poor, can we expect some improvement with software updates as enabling HD Voice codecs?
Best,
Lukasz
265 REPLIES 265

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
tomyp38

Hi There,

Same problem. I'm two SIM cards, private, and company. Virgin Mobile ( MNVO owned by Play) and Orange. Both are Polish providers, and there is no Volte on any od those cards, but what is even worse, there is no HD Voice. When I'm calling someone, there is a switch from 4g++ to 3g. Quality is really poor. People asking me if I'm talking with them over headphones or is my phone broken ? I'm very supriced that brand new flagship phone can't support common and really basic technology as HD Voice is. Please improve software. I made some research and that is a fact that very few models supports Volte in Poland, but 98% devices supports HD Voice. Please again improve software.

Best

Tomasz

View post
Yes, they are continously improving. And for better understanding please go through all ch_asus moderator replies on this thread. If they say it than this will surely bring some good hope to users.so here there is just a requirement of some patience.:)

waxy78611
Zen Master I
Well in the UK we've been waiting 4 years for volte to active on the biggest UK network which is EE. You may also have to wait 4 years

EmileyMolly
Star II
Amazing peeps around sharing the most controversial zenfone 8 stuff 😛

jackdd
Star I
In Germany O2, Telekom and Vodafone works. Resellers like Congstar (Telekom) don't work with VoLTE. Congstar support says, i have to contact Asus to support VoLTE. In 40 days 3G will be disabled.

Kubertt
Star I
CH_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/167456#Comment_167456

Hi

We are working with a wide list of operators to attempt getting VoLTE enabled. However, regardless of what operator customer support may claim - it is not simply "Asus enable". We need the operator to also verify settings, validate and sign off , to ensure the calls are working as they should.

This process can be very quick to taking months and months all depending on the operator in question. As such we cannot reliably give any estimations on when, or if, VoLTE can be enabled for a specific operator. However we're passing all the requests from ZenTalk to our network team to put into the wish list.

edit:

Over the past year, we've added VoLTE/VoWIFI to many operators across different countries - now I know it is of no help if specifically your country or your operator wasnt added, but progress is moving forward.

View post
Hello @CH_ASUS,
Would be possible to share list with operators/countries where VoLTE is enabled + share list with operators/countries where you are actively working on it ?
For example i really would like to buy this phone with "early-bird price" but i need to be sure that VoLTE will be working... I dont want to buy phone where i will be facing issues with call quality.
If possible pass these 2 operators to network team.
Operators: 1. Telekom 2. Orange
Thank you for your support