rfa
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi,
Another report of reboot and dead phone.
But I'm in Australia.
Asus service centre in Sydney can't / won't help me.
Can I get it fixed through head office?
7 REPLIES 7

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi rfa
Thank you for your asking. Kindly provide the information below so that we can better assist you.
1. Where did you purchase the device? If the model can be purchased via Australia official channel, ASUS will provide related repair resources for the model in the region for unadjusted devices.
2. Have you ever rooted/unlocked/flashed custom ROM to the device? Please note that once the device is performed aforementioned steps, it will be regarded as out of warranty device, which customer have to pay for the repair and the repair center will not guarantee for the repair.
Normally, the phone models are only provided local warranty due to country-based SKU reason, which indicates that you will be requested delivery fee and repair fee to send your device to your purchased country for further repair. Besides, some countries have regulations by local governments which only allow customer carry in.
Besides, because ZS630KL is not sold in Australia, you may also ask your seller for repair information. You may also check your inbox and provide me your SN & IMEI for further checking. Cheers.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi rfa
Furthermore, kindly try some at-home troubleshooting tips below:
A. Charge your device for 3-5 hours with ASUS adapter, does the charging LED light up?
B. After charging the device, long press the power button for 8-15 seconds, does the device show any image? If so, please provide me the screenshot for further checking.
C. After charging the device, please try the following steps to access recovery mode for the Factory Reset:
0. Try to back up your data with USB cable. If you can not access the phone, please check if your google account or microSD card have auto backup your data. 
1. Power off the phone, then keep pressing "volume down key"
2. Press "power key" and stop press " power key" once you feel the vibration. Still keep pressing "volume down key".
3. Stop press "volume down key" once you enter [Android Recovery] Screen
4. Choose "Wipe data/factory reset">"Yes"
5. "Reboot system now"
#Hardware Reset Guide
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1006346/
Please note that once the steps are completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1036182/

_jis_
Zen Master III

Christine_ASUS

Hi rfa

Furthermore, kindly try some at-home troubleshooting tips below:

A. Charge your device for 3-5 hours with ASUS adapter, does the charging LED light up?

B. After charging the device, long press the power button for 8-15 seconds, does the device show any image? If so, please provide me the screenshot for further checking.

C. After charging the device, please try the following steps to access recovery mode for the Factory Reset:

0. Try to back up your data with USB cable. If you can not access the phone, please check if your google account or microSD card have auto backup your data. 

1. Power off the phone, then keep pressing "volume down key"

2. Press "power key" and stop press " power key" once you feel the vibration. Still keep pressing "volume down key".

3. Stop press "volume down key" once you enter [Android Recovery] Screen

4. Choose "Wipe data/factory reset">"Yes"

5. "Reboot system now"

#Hardware Reset Guide

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1006346/

Please note that once the steps are completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1036182/

View post
0. please check if your microSD card have auto backup your data. 

How can a user set up an automatic backup of data to an SD card on an Asus phone?
Can you elaborate on that, please?

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi _jis_
Thank you for your asking. Some users use SC card as storage for media files without propose and the term "auto" is mostly to intensify Google Backup. Sorry for the misunderstanding if it may cause you.