fear_dot_com_20
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
After updating to A11 I started to see major issues with the battery optimizations, mostly on Gmail app, but once I started to investigate I see it overall. Email notification come with hours , if not tens of hours delay , which was not the case on A10. I noticed that even whether app is not updating in timely fashion.
It looks like phone goes to hibernate and not resumes for notification only once in a couple of hours if not more. Strangely but whatsapp is working fine. I have disabled all battery optimizations and I saw some improvements but not that good as in A10. Yesterday for instance, I lost a couple of important emails since they Gmail App only synchronized once in 10 hours....which is unacceptable.
Factory reset does not help since I have done it at least 7 times due to various issues since A11 update a week ago...

Please help!!!! I don't know what else to look for!
130 REPLIES 130

skipwoof
Star III
If you guys need to rollback to Android 10, it's possible using following procedure :
Update steps :
1. Download the firmware to the internal memory :
Zenfone model ZS670KS = https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/ZenFone/ZS670KS/UL-I002D-WW-99.99.99.99-user.zip
2. Delete the Google account.
3. Scroll down the list of quick settings.
4. The system will display a message that has detected firmware update information.
5. Run the firmware downgrade file.
* If you skip step 5 and do not know how to initiate the downgrade process again, please reboot the system and the downgrade information will reappear

fear_dot_com_20
Rising Star II
I prefer to have the problem fixed than roll back on A10

Stematique
Star II
fear_dot_com_2000

Did you reboot the phone? For me sometimes it start working after a reboot. And also it is working with the workaround I was describing above ( disable battery optimizations and make gmail as not optimized )

View post
if i reboot phone, with no battery optimization set, it seems gmail notifications start to show again... but not forever...
After a while (2days in my last case) notifications stopped again to appear.
It's gettin quite annoying considering i use gmail for work.
I'm gonna think about downgrading to Android10 too 😞

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Stematique

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/166873#Comment_166873

if i reboot phone, with no battery optimization set, it seems gmail notifications start to show again... but not forever...

After a while (2days in my last case) notifications stopped again to appear.

It's gettin quite annoying considering i use gmail for work.

I'm gonna think about downgrading to Android10 too 😞

View post
I've forwarded the log from fear_dot_com_2000 to our devs. Hopefully they will find the issue and fix it in a coming fota

fear_dot_com_20
Rising Star II
Maybe it could be a good ideea to gather some longs from other guys too... I stopped again battery optimizations and rebooted and I also have notifications...will see for how long...