Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAID configuration on StudioBook Pro 17

MadDogDean
Star I
ProArt Studiobook 17 W700
AC power
The system came with a single 1TB SSD. I replaced this with 2pcs Sabrent 4TB SSD. I am trying to configure the laptop to run with the drives in a RAID Array.
But things aren't working as I hoped.
In the BIOS, I can see both drives, but when I go to
Advanced
Intel Rapid Store Technology
only 1 of the drives show and I am unable to create a Raid Array
Both disks work fine as I tested them in another system

Anyone with thoughts how I can or why I am unable to create the RAID array?
8 REPLIES 8

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
MadDogDean

ProArt Studiobook 17 W700

AC power

The system came with a single 1TB SSD. I replaced this with 2pcs Sabrent 4TB SSD. I am trying to configure the laptop to run with the drives in a RAID Array.

But things aren't working as I hoped.

In the BIOS, I can see both drives, but when I go to

Advanced

Intel Rapid Store Technology

only 1 of the drives show and I am unable to create a Raid Array

Both disks work fine as I tested them in another system

Anyone with thoughts how I can or why I am unable to create the RAID array?

RAID configuration on StudioBook Pro 17
to enable RAID feature, it must be enabled in BIOS SATA configuration only.
Under SATA configuration, see if RAID feature is there or not.
I am sure few model laptops comes with RAID feature in BIOS

MadDogDean
Star I
image.png
The Studiobook 17 Pro DOES support RAID. The above screen is from the user manual. I have the same screen on my Studiobook, but it only shows 1 of my 2 SDD drives. The drives are both identical 4TB drives.

In the last 2 weeks, I bought $5,200 worth of ASUS laptops. Is there no way to reach out to an Asus agent directly instead of this forum? The support is very lacking 😞

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
MadDogDean

image.png

The Studiobook 17 Pro DOES support RAID. The above screen is from the user manual. I have the same screen on my Studiobook, but it only shows 1 of my 2 SDD drives. The drives are both identical 4TB drives.

In the last 2 weeks, I bought $5,200 worth of ASUS laptops. Is there no way to reach out to an Asus agent directly instead of this forum? The support is very lacking 😞

View post
Yes you can communicate to asus design department via this forum Moderator.
Send Message to Falcon_Asus or to Blake_Asus

MadDogDean
Star I
@Blake_ASUS @Falcon_ASUS
Good day gentlemen,
As per my earlier comment, I have been unable to configure my Studiobook 17 W700 to use the 2 Sabrent 4TB SSD drives as a striped array.
In fact, when I try to configure through Advanced - Intel Rapid Store Technology only one of the drives appears as a Non RAID physical disk
As a compatibility test, I was able to load Windows using the 2 installed 4TB drives as standard stand-alone drives (installed the OS on one drive, the other as a secondary internal drive) with no issues, so I do not think it is a laptop/SSD issue.

Any thoughts? Thanks