cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE and Wifi Calling on Zenfone 8

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
Hi all,
Does anyone know if we can expect enabling VoLTE and Wifi Calling in european networks? I can only see in settings that icons for these options are available to enable at notification bar:
screenshot-20210518-120433796.png

Also as call quality is quite poor, can we expect some improvement with software updates as enabling HD Voice codecs?
Best,
Lukasz
265 REPLIES 265

mihhail1988
Star II
Hi, i am from Estonia, and my Telia carrier says, that Volte have to be provided my Asus softwere. Right now i have no Volte possible and the voice quality during call is very poor.
Asus pls, make it possible to have Volte at least.
P. S. When i bought it from local retailer in the website was written that volte and FM radio is accepted. I really dont want to bring these phone back😢

mihhail1988
Star II
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/48261/volte-and-wifi-calling-on-zenfone-8

Regarding Volte & wifi calling i can see that it will be enabled slowly as carriers decide to add Zenfone 8 to there support list. Atlast VOLTE & VOWIFI on any carriers totally depends on carrier/ service provider and not ASUS.

you can request your carrier/service provider via emails and helpline to consider Zenfone 8 to there support list of Volte & Vowifi.

Regarding voice call qualtiy there are chances of future adjustments with Voice call quality if there are number of users facing same issue with Zenfone 8.also there is possibility that VOLTE & VOWIFI may improve call quality to some extent. So here you can just wait for future FOTA's

Please share your carrier name for which you want VOLTE & VOWIFI. So that Moderaters may take a look through if Zenfone 8 alredy has it and your device is working as expected or not.

Thanks!

View post
Hi, any possibility to get Volte in Estonia. Pls read my previous comment.

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
mihhail1988

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/167348#Comment_167348

Hi, any possibility to get Volte in Estonia. Pls read my previous comment.

View post
Hi

We are working with a wide list of operators to attempt getting VoLTE enabled. However, regardless of what operator customer support may claim - it is not simply "Asus enable". We need the operator to also verify settings, validate and sign off , to ensure the calls are working as they should.

This process can be very quick to taking months and months all depending on the operator in question. As such we cannot reliably give any estimations on when, or if, VoLTE can be enabled for a specific operator. However we're passing all the requests from ZenTalk to our network team to put into the wish list.

edit:
Over the past year, we've added VoLTE/VoWIFI to many operators across different countries - now I know it is of no help if specifically your country or your operator wasnt added, but progress is moving forward.

mihhail1988
Star II
If it will be not possible, maybe the HD calls is the solution? Because right now we have nothing to do the voice call quality better=(((

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
Hi @CH_ASUS
As it has been mentioned by @mihhail1988 Voice call quailty is very poor. Phone is very fresh but there are many complaints about this from users from Poland. For sure, enabling VoLTE in more countries/carriers (as mine Orange Poland) will make things better.
But it would be great if Asus software/network etc. teams will bring some updates with upcoming FOTA software upgrades that will enable HD calls codecs in Zenfone 8. I'm pretty sure that this model hardware supports HD Voice through 3G network, but some software implementation needs to be corrected.
Best,
Lukasz